Chapter Two: A not-so-friendly encounter

Thomas had left to find his Ravenclaw friends and fellow prefects at the front of the train. Elestra was waiting around, searching for her friends. 

Elestra craned her neck over the crowd, gradually pushing her trolley towards the luggage area. Just as she thought she had caught the glimpse of a familiar head, she heard a noise.

Clang.

"HOLY SHIT!" she heard a voice call from in front of her.

Elestra slowly looked up, her eyes widened full of guilt. 

A fourth year Slytherin was reaching at his ankle in pain. He had platinum blonde hair that complimented his cold, grey eyes which glared at her with great irritation. 

It was Draco Malfoy.

She noticed her trolley had just hit his ankle.

Ouch.

She had known of  Draco Malfoy, but never actually bothered talking to him.

Empathically, her mouth slowly fell open as she went to apologise. His icey eyes stuck on to Elestra. He looked her up and down in disgust. 

"I am so sorry...I didn't mean it?" She stammered, awkwardly,

"Why you-" Draco began, his face as if he had just sucked on a lemon.

He was interrupted by a cane tapping on his shoulder. Draco backed away as a pale face, with even colder eyes peered from behind. This must be his dad. She thought, trying to quickly cook up a fake apology.

"Don't be rude, Draco, I am sure it was just an.." Mr. Malfoy's voice trialled off, glaring at Elestra and eyes her trolley, "accident." 

Elestra nodded quickly, looking at her shoes, embarrassed.

"Muggle born, are you?" Mr. Malfoy asked, smiling evilly at her. She nodded again, looking up.

Mr. Malfoy mumbled something under his breathe then turned to his son, "Come, Draco."

Before leaving, Draco shot Elestra another nasty look and strolled away with his father. 

She let out a sigh of relief and noticed her friends, Nicole Winford and Isaac Roberts had been watching the entire time. Nicole was a muggle born who had met Elestra when they first arrived at Hogwarts. She had medium-length , dirt brown hair which was always tied up loose pony tail. Nicole preferred to dress herself in baggy, androgynous attire and she had a charismatic and comedic personality. Isaac had both wizard parents and was a part of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. He was athletic, good spirited 5th year, who wanted to make a change.

"The Malfoy family is all rotten and spoilt!" Isaac chuckled, as he pushed through the crowd.

"Draco most definitely deserved that!" Nicole added, laughing.

"Definitely, his attitude belongs to some brat in a toddler beauty pageant" Elestra said

"Have you seen his dad? His hair is longer looks healthier than yours, El," The three of them laughed as they stacked their bags and climbed on to the train.

Isaac went off to sit with his 5th year friends in a different carriage while Elestra and Nicole sat in another. 

"So," Elestra began, as Nicole rested her legs on the seat and got comfortable, "How are you and that Emily girl going?"

"Broke up with her," Nicole replied briefly, flipping to a page in the book she was reading. 

"Wow, already? Why?" Elestra was surprised, she thought it was going so well for them.

"Dunno, she wasn't my type, she was too...nice?"  

The door flung open, the two of them looked to see Pansy Parkinson standing at the door.              "Oh, so, its you freaks," she said, looking annoyed, "I guess I have no other choice," she slumped down on the seat next to Nicole.

They both looked at her, confused, "The other seats are full, idiots," she said finally.

"Couldn't you find somewhere else to sit?" Elestra asked, inching closer to the window as if t was actually possible to get further away from her. 

"Well, it was either this almost empty compartment or the other crowded one with first years" Pansy rolled her eyes, pulling out her wand and cleaning it with a cloth.

Nicole rested her knee against the table, and cushioned her head with her arms, leaning on the wall behind her, "7 hours with this pesky bitch," she mumbled, closing her eyes. 

As Pansy was shooting Nicole nasty looks when Draco walked past the corridor, he caught eyes with Elestra, and then Pansy. He threw open the door, "What are you doing here?" he asked, standing at the door way. 

"No other seats," Pansy shrugged. Draco came inside, and sat into the empty seat next to Elestra. She averted her eyes to where he was sitting and quickly looked out the window, mumbling, "Oh, no, we got another one..." 

"You have something to say, mudblood?" He turned quickly toward her. 

"You heard," Elestra snapped back, 

"Whatever, let's get out of here, Parkinson," Draco got out of his seat, as if he was offended and left with went to go with Pansy. 

"Have fun hissing at each other, you snakes!" Nicole called out, laughing, as they left the room. Elestra couldn't help but smile, "Oh, my god! You are such a bully! What if you hurt their feelings?" Elestra and Nicole burst into laughter once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback! 

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~