Chapter Thirty Three: An evening together

Muggles were always an interesting topic to bring up in a wizard conversation. Some wizards thought they were fascinating and some what genius, others thought they were annoying and got in the way. Some even thought they were utterly ridiculous and bizarre. 

It was hard for Draco to build his own opinion on muggles as his father had always despised them and he never really got to look at non bias sources. If he was just around his family, muggles were the worst thing to happen to this world, but around Elestra, they were not so bad. In the books he read, muggles were just ordinary people, they weren't overly stupid or crazy like he'd expect. Elestra had shown him many books with small pictures on them too- comics she'd call them. Draco was just going through one of them in the room of requirement as Elestra finished off some assignments.

"Hey Ellie?" Draco asked, looking at the book confused.

"Hm?" She hummed, not taking her eyes off the paper.

"What is this...?" he was a little bit embarrassed to ask, as he didn't want to look stupid.

"Uh- let me see-" Elestra glanced over to see a panel of an airport and an aeroplane flying across. She smiled to herself, "That's an aeroplane. It flies."

"Oh." Draco thought for a moment, "Like a broom?"

"Yes, but it can carry hundreds of people and it flies from country to country." Elestra explained, trying to keep it brief.

"Interesting." Draco was thinking about it when Elestra thought to confuse him a bit more.

"Yeah, and they feed you on the way as well-"

"Wow. Food while flying? Muggles are pretty advanced without magic..." he was impressed.

"You'd be surprised," She mumbled, going back to her textbook, "we should go one day, you and I-" Elestra looked up at him shyly.

Draco's face lit up. Elestra was fiddling with her fingers, "Let's go to America together...I've always wanted to visit New York."

"Yes! I'd love that. We could travel the world together," he grinned ambitiously. Suddenly, a feeling of guilt hit him. They may not have a together. 

"I'm bored." Elestra huffed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Want to go on a walk?" Draco suggested, looking outside the window, which was slightly frosted because of the cold.

"Yeah, sure let's go." she slammed her textbook shut and got up, stretching her arms.

Draco got up. He thought this is the perfect opportunity to do something romantic. He put on a scarf, and his coat. To his disappointment, Elestra also put on her coat; he was hoping to give her his jacket all manly. But it was too bad, he thought he'd get other chances to impress her and be a good boyfriend.

They got out of the room on to the lawn. There weren't many people around as it was a Saturday evening and most people were too cold to go out. They were walking around the corridors, with no place in particular to go to. They went outside to the courtyard. Elestra put on a beanie cover her ears and shivered a bit.

"Cold isn't it?" Elestra mumbled, rubbing her hands together.

Draco nodded, sort of lost in his own world.

Elestra puffed into the air and cold smoke came out of her mouth. She grinned. "Hey Malfoy look, I'm smoking-" She made a gesture with her hands, pretending to hold a cigar. Draco sniggered at her goofy stupidity. Elestra elevated her self on her toes and blew air onto his face, to which he flinched. She  chuckled and rubbed her nose, it was so cold she felt as if the tip of it was going to fall off. She huffed into her palms, trying to transfer the heat to her hands.

Draco glanced at her and thought this was the perfect opportunity. He could hold her hand. But he thought he had to be smooth about it. Should he ask or just take her hand? What if she says no? It was scary. For some reason, Draco was nervous. He wasn't this nervous holding Heather's hand...so why now? Is it because Elestra was a bit more straight forward and wouldn't mind hurting someone's feelings? Or is it because he wasn't afraid of Heather's rejection? Whatever it was, he thought to just go for it.

Before he could ask, Elestra's palm brushed up against his and her fingers intertwined with his. "Can I hold your hand?" She mumbled, averting her eyes right to a classroom window, not wanting to look him in the eye.

"Y-yeah.." Draco stammered, he was surprised Elestra was smooth like that. I mean, he should've expected it, but he didn't see it coming. Her hand gave off a comforting warmth, it was soft and it reminded him of a fire place. Draco's hand on the hand, (ahahha pun intended) was cold and pale, lacking colour. His fingers were slender and seemed tired, matching his overall appearance. 

Elestra grabbed his arm and leaned her head on it, making him blush slightly. It was a perfect walk. He couldn't have asked for more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

Thanks for reading this fair! I'll be publishing a chapter once a week. Sorry for the inconsistent uploads, ill try my best :')

Also! Character Aesthetics have now been posted on the first part, go see that if you haven't already!