Chapter Eleven: Prefect Duties

"The prefects will lead the first years to their dormitories," Professor Dumbledore told them as Elestra got up. The new teacher, Dolores Umbridge, didn't give her the best vibes. Her oddly 'perfect' and judgemental smile seemed eerie. 

"Come on, girls, this way," Elestra called over the first years' heads, who were much shorter than she was. The girls followed behind her, giggling and chattering about the castle, getting along with each other. 

"Here we are!" She huffed and said the password for the fat lady to let them in. After she let the girls in, she noticed a small boy in school robes panicking outside. Elestra quickly told the girls where they were meant to be and got out of the common room, to peer at the boy who was fearfully watching as the staircases changed. 

"Are you alright?" She called out to him, scurrying over to where he was standing.

"No- I got lost! I am not sure where I am supposed to go and- and- MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO KILL ME IF THEY KNEW!" he blurted out.

"Calm down, I am going to help you, okay?" Elestra told him, she recalled him being sorted into his house and having a small break down at his table, "You are supposed to be in the Slytherin dorm, right?"  The boy nodded sadly.

"Why the long face?" she asked curiously as she lead him through the halls to the dungeons.

"For generations- my family has been in Ravenclaw. And, I was sure I was going to be like them too...but...they sorted me in..." his voice broke and he gulped.

"What's so wrong with Slytherin?" she tilted her head as if wondering, yet she knew exactly what was wrong with Slytherin.

"Slytherin makes the most...dark wizards" he sounded small. Elestra looked around the halls trying to remember where the dungeons where. Suddenly, she saw a familiar face turn a corner. 

"Erm, do you know where the Slytherin dormitories are, Malfoy?" Elestra questioned.

"Of course I do, I live there genius. Why?" he shot back rudely.

"This boy is lost, can you take him there- I mean it's your duty to lead the first years." 

Draco glanced at the scared boy behind Elestra and nodded. "Careful not to scare him, he doesn't think the Slytherin house is that...saintly,"

"Bet." Draco kneeled to the boy's eye level, "hey, what's your name?"

"Eric..." the boy said hesitantly.

"Now, Eric, Slytherin is not that bad you know, it just means you want to be the best, and there is nothing wrong with that!" Draco assured him. Elestra looked at the way Draco was comforting the boy and smiled to herself. 

"Yes, I know a lot of really great people that are in Slytherin!" Elestra added. Malfoy glanced at her. Elestra beamed at Malfoy and put her hand on his shoulder, "Like my friend here, he 's one of the best Slytherins I know!" 

Draco got up and stood next to Elestra and whispered, "Friend, huh?"

Elestra frowned at him, "Shut up, I would never be friends with you. I was making him feel better," she mumbled. Draco sniggered smally, and then guided the boy to the next hallway; the dungeon was fairly close after then.  

Draco entered the dungeon and collapsed on the couch on the common room. He rubbed his face with both his hands and ran his hands through his hair. He sheepishly smiled to himself and then watched the fire place, his feet kicked up on the long couch. Draco loosened his tie and waited for Heather Lancaster. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading!

Please share and vote if you enjoy the story!

Stay tuned!