Chapter Thirteen: Someone's Jealous

It was a cold Autumn's afternoon at Hogwarts. Elestra and her friends were gathered around a bench in the court yard watching an intense match of chess between Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger- okay, maybe it wasn't that intense- but there was tension..a lot of tension. 

Elestra glanced up from the match to notice Draco Malfoy and Heather Lancaster walking through the corridor. They were holding hands, staring into each other's eyes. She felt an emptiness in her heart. As soon as Draco turned to look her way she quickly averted her eyes. Looking back when she thought he'd look away. She watched as Heather shuddered a bit and Draco took off his scarf, setting it around her neck. She giggled and he smiled. She kissed him on his cheek and continued prancing. 

Elestra's thoughts were messed up. She hated him. Draco was rude and disrespectful. He was annoying, frustrating and...fine as hell. His luminescent smile and his sharp features were so attractive. What was she thinking?! He would never like her. He hated her so much- he told her all the time. Heather was so pretty. Perfect for him. Elestra was nothing but a pebble. A small pebble in the background of Draco and Heather's incredible love saga. Just some minor inconvenience. That's what she believed and decided to stick by it...for now.

Draco wondered when they'd reach the Slytherin common room. His hands were freezing and the cold seemed to be getting to his head. Heather was being more clingy than usual. She was a great person and everything- but she just wasn't what he wanted in a person. His mother suggested he should talk to her. Heather's parents worked in the ministry and were fairly high of class. It only made sense that Draco would say yes when she asked to be his girlfriend. It's not like he had anything to gain from this relationship (other than his mother's appreciation, of course) However, he changed his mind that day when they were walking through the corridor. 

When he turned to his left and noticed someone who had just looked away from staring. He couldn't help a smirk from leaving his face. Elestra was looking at them- no she was looking at him. A small rush of excitement climbed up his nerve. How adorable, she was looking at me. He thought to himself. Draco felt the need to do something petty. He took off his scarf and tied it around Heather, watching from the corner of his eye as he saw Ellington's face twisting. Draco didn't pay attention to what Heather was saying, because it didn't matter to him anymore. It was weird the way Ellington looked at him...it made him feel funny. 

                                                          ~~~~~~

That night, Elestra was up on the astronomy tower, watching the stars. Sitting in the astronomy tower, which was available to students after classes for studying purposes, she had a non-magic encyclopedia and a nonfiction wizard book about the stars side by side. 

"What are you doing here?" she heard a voice call from behind. She rolled her eyes.

"Nothing you should care about, Malfoy" She snapped. 

"Curfews' in ten minutes, you should be at your dorm," Draco leaned against the door on his side.

"I could say the same for you. What are YOU doing here?" Elestra got up from her seat, preparing to leave. He was right, she should go back. 

"Just getting some fresh air, its been hard to sleep lately..." Draco muttered, almost to himself.  

Elestra sauntered towards him, "Is there something that's been bothering you?"

For a moment, Draco's eyes widened in surprise, which he quickly covered with a nonchalant facade, "So you do care about me!" 

Elestra was taken aback by words, "I- " She glared at his smug expression and spat out, "I was just being polite! Damn it, you're so exhausting!" 

Malfoy stepped forward as Elestra took another step backward, backing into the desk behind her. "Exhausting? Surely, you thought differently that night on the train..."

Elestra gasped. Draco was just a feet or two away from her, "S-stop bringing that up!" every time she thought of that moment, it made her feel so uneasy, "And why don't you bother your girlfriend or something!" Her voice had somewhat of a disgusted and hurt tone. 

Draco scoffed, placing his hands on the table, his arms either side of her, "I knew it, you're jealous, aren't you Ellington?" Elestra was cornered. He was only centimetres away from her, gazing into her eyes. 

A wave of anger and embarrassment flushed her insides. Who did he think he was? How dare he think that? "JEALOUS?! YOU THINK I LIKE YOU?!" Elestra swatted his hand, which was pinning her against the table. Just before she left the room she turned and sneered at him, "I knew you were stupid but I didn't think you were DELUSIONAL too!"

She stomped down the stairs and checked the time: two minutes left. She hurried down, blood rushing to her face. Elestra felt rage over come her. How could Draco think she liked him? Elestra thought she hated Draco. Elestra thought she wanted to crush him into pieces but that was far from the truth. In fact, deep down inside, she really really liked him. Elestra was just too prideful to admit it to anyone- not even herself. What would the others think of her when they knew she liked such a terrible guy? Malfoy was such a jerk...all though sometimes he was kind and helpful. Like that time in the forest...and that young first year he helped...

No, No, What am I thinking? Go away stupid Draco, just get out of my head. Her thoughts were scattered all over the place. 

By the time she reached her dorm, she cuddled up in her bed and thought for a really long time. She thought about his smirk, cornering her in front of the desk. His arms beside her and his face inches away. Why? Why was he like that? So cruel, putting her through all this ugly feelings stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~