Chapter Twenty-six: Joining the Quidditch team

For the next few days, Elestra was bored. She wanted to do something exciting. But with numerous death eaters on the loose, and Hogwarts' extreme security measures, sneaking in and out of campus was not an option. Instead, Elestra thought of the next best thing: trying out for the Gryffindor quidditch team. 

When she told Nicole the idea, she laughed, "You? And Quidditch? With what talent?"

"Hey don't say that! At least be a little more supportive!" Elestra declared, grabbing her broom from her trunk. "You're gonna come to watch right?"

"Yes, obviously! I'm wishing you the best of luck though, apparently loads of people are trying out because of Potter." Nicole said, following her out of the dormitories. 

"Are you sure you wanna do this? You know people die playing this game?" Nicole wondered as they reached the fields.

"Hell yeah! We've been obsessed with Quidditch since our 1st year! I've always wanted to try it out..." Elestra sheepishly said, picking at the splinters on her broom.

When they went there they saw around 35 people there- which way too much for a Quidditch trial. It was most likely because of Harry's popularity. It was funny- even students from different houses came to try out...first years too! After sorting out who was eligible, there were 10-20 people left. Ginny Weasley and Katie Bell where sure to get chaser, Ron or Connor would get keeper and that'd leave Elestra to get the only position as chaser. (being a beater was a little too harsh on her arms)

There were 4 people trying out for chaser. It was no big deal, Elestra thought, slightly nervous. 

Harry put everyone into 2 teams and decided they'd do some drills. After a few minutes of playing of practicing it was clear who was going to be chaser. Two of the people trying out, a second year and a third year couldn't get on their broom properly and the third person was extremely slow. So consequently, Elestra got the title as the third chaser. 

After the trials were done, Elestra helped Harry, Ginny, Ron and Katie pack the Quidditch equipment. "Thanks for the help guys! We'll have practise starting 6am next week, I'll see ya then,"

~~

After practising for a few weeks, it was finally the week before their Quidditch match against Slytherin.  Unfortunately, Katie Bell had been cursed and would not be able to play with for the team. Instead, Harry had asked Dean Thomas to play. 

Elestra didn't know exactly what the issue was, but the tension in the air was thick. As they were practising, Harry would keep slipping passive aggressive insults to Dean on how he played. It was so odd- almost like Harry had a prejudice against him. Ron Weasley refrained from talking to Dean and would avoid him as much as possible. Dean was visibly upset as he didn't understand what caused the two of them of act this way. Ginny and Elestra were just confused and tried their best to focus on their chaser skillz.

They did a few drills and then played against the Hufflepuff team for practise. After they were done, Elestra went to put away her equipment back to the storage closet. Unfortunately, Elestra doesn't have too much luck with storage closets and when she went there, she accidently caught Ginny and Dean Thomas making out. Of course, she had to apologise and leave awkwardly but she bumped into Ron Weasley who was even more horrified to see his sister like that.

Ron got furious and he stomped away dramatically exclaiming that he might resign from the team. The game was the week after and there was NO WAY they could find another keeper in time. Harry and Elestra had to practically beg Ron to keep him from abandoning the team. Joining the quidditch team was more difficult than she thought. It was hard to keep up with all the fast-moving drama, she forgot about Draco for a bit. Only for a bit.

While in a lone corridor, Elestra once saw Draco and she stopped him. "Malfoy, wait."

Draco paused, but didn't say anything. Elestra jogged up to him, trying to seem confident.

"Why are you avoiding me?" She asked at once, confronting.

Draco stumbled. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. You know exactly what you're doing. Why?" her voice croaked as guilt struck through Draco's heart. But he couldn't tell anyone. This was best for everyone. He was chosen for this. 

Elestra noticed he wasn't answering, "Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No." Draco closed quickly. He wasn't sure what the appropriate thing to say for this was.

"Well...I'm not sure what's up with you but..." Elestra hesitated and thought of what would sound right. "I'm having a quidditch match this Saturday...Gryffindor Vs Slytherin. You'll come right?"

Her voice was so hopeful it would be sad to just turn her down. Draco nodded and Elestra lit up with excitement.  

She grinned, "Great! Wear red." Elestra shot cockily and friendly punched him in the arm before walking back to the great hall to have a quick breakfast. She was planning on ranting to Nicole about how terrible today's  practise was. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

Thanks for reading this fair! I'll be publishing a chapter every Saturday! Stay tuned :D