Chapter Thirty: It isn't going to work

Draco walked Elestra back to her dorm that night and went back to his. This walk was especially quiet. Not peaceful quiet, just really awkward-silent. They hadn't really said anything since the kiss as they weren't sure what to say. Elestra had been wanted to kiss him for a while, but this was stranger than she imagined. His lips were way softer and she found herself lost in the moment. It wasn't her first kiss- but it definitely felt special and priceless.

When they reached the Gryffindor dorms, Elestra was disappointed in herself for not saying anything during the walk.

"Hey, uh Draco?" She finally said.

"Hm?" he tuned in.

"So um- I really like you. Like a lot." Elestra spurted out.

"Oh uh really? I mean I-" Draco was surprised. This was definitely unexpected

"Yes. Really. And be very honest with me here, don't consider my feelings at all..." She cut him off, mumbling, "I can handle rejection. Do you want  to be my boyfriend..?"

Draco smirked at how upfront she was being.

"What? What are you laughing at???" Elestra was suddenly self conscious, was that the right way to say it?

"Nothing. I should've asked you that." Draco was amused by her getting slightly irritated.

"Well, you were too late. Plus, I didn't expect your cowardly self to make the first move anyway..." She glared at him.

"First move? I was the one who kissed you." He glared back right at her, leaning over a bit and crossing his arms.

"Liar, I kissed YOU." Elestra moved her face closer to his, glaring 'angrily'.

"Oh yeah? You wanna find out?" Draco said flirtatiously and leaned in until their noses were touching, resulting in Elestra to go bright red and back out. 

She stepped on his foot, playfully. "Not so fast, Malfoy. I'm going to sleep now."

"Awww...I guess I'll see you tomorrow, El," Draco saying that made Elestra's heart thump. He had officially used her nickname.

"Good night, sir boyfriend." She kissed him on the cheek and sneaked back in her dorm.

Elestra calling Draco her boyfriend made him feel really giddy inside.

Draco walked back to his dorm and noticed Pansy standing in the middle of the common room with her arms crossed. "What are you doing up so late?" She asked, bitterly.

"None of your business." he brushed her off, heading to his dorm.

She stopped him. "You are working for the dark lord, aren't you? Any clues?"

Draco was shocked. It wasn't exactly what he was doing but he'd just go along with it. "No- I'm working on that-"

"How long are you going to be working on it? You know that he's gonna- he's-" Pansy was worried.

"I get it. You're like the 7th person who has told me. He's gonna kill me. You don't think I'm trying my best?" He got defensive, he was tired and frustrated. Finally something good had happened and Pansy just had to remind him of that.

"Well- you should try harder...I'm really worried for you Malfoy." Pansy looked down at the ground, upset.

"Worried? I don't need your pity nor sympathy. I was chosen for this and I will go through with it no matter what." He was fed up, he really didn't want to deal with anyone at that moment.

"Not even if it hurts someone you care about deeply?"

Draco's heart stopped. The first person that came to his mind was Elestra. He loosed his tie which had been suffocating him and gulped. He pretended not to hear Pansy and brushed past her to his dorm. If he was to face anyone at that moment- he might just burst into tears.

Pansy was correct. He could hurt Elestra. If you know who found out he was even close friends with...a muggle born, he would destroy her and everything related.

Draco was thinking about what he could do to fix all of this. There was no way.  A death eater and muggle born couldn't be friends- let alone date. What would his father think of this? It isn't fair. Why must things end up like this? Could there be a way to save Elestra and carry the dark lord's orders. He thought about it all night. There was no way he could sleep. Every time he tried closing his eyes, the scenes would visit him again. Eventually, he'd sleep for an hour or two. But by the time he was asleep, it would already be time to go to class. Draco had been having a hard time keeping up with his classes too. He'd thought once all this was over and the dark lord had one, he would be praised by all. Maybe he could live with Elestra in a small house in the outskirts of town, fooling everyone that she was a half-blood.

What was he thinking? For now, they should just keep it secret. But how was he going to tell her? There was NO way he would tell her about his 'situation' Maybe he could work it out tomorrow when sees her. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah that was one heck of a chapter. Our boi Draco is already imaging a future with her...I wonder if they'll even get that far ;) FHESUHESGJRSUGSIRH ok sorry Ill stop. Bye

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

Thanks for reading this fair! I'll be publishing a chapter every Saturday! Stay tuned :D