Chapter 8- Thought Of You

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”~ Robert Frost

Oh my God! My head kills. How much did I exactly drink last night? I try to stand up and fail. And the answer is a lot. Crap. What happened? I barely remember anything. I turn to look at the time. Double crap! Half eleven. Missed college today. Which means I've missed four lectures What happened?

I try to focus and relive what happened yesterday. Okay so I was on the phone to Mikayla, then Conor came and I slapped him Whoops. He told me that he followed me home and then we were watching TV, we talked for a bit, we ordered food, he asked me 101 questions, we played PS3 and then we went to bed? I look down to make sure I have clothes on. Hallelujah! Okay so what happened then?

After lying in bed for about an hour I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in"

And there he walks in, looking casual as ever but wearing that beautiful one-sided smile. What's happening to me?

"Hey. I remembered to knock this time"

"What?"

"Wow! The alcohol has really shaken you up. You missed college."

"Yeah. Thanks Einstein."

"Sorry. What's up babes?"

"I can't seem to remember what happened last night and why I'm sleeping in this room..."

He bellowed into laughter. After a while I couldn't help but join in with him. After he calmed down he started to speak.

"You were so drunk that you couldn't get upstairs so I took you to bed and-"

"And you decided to take the big bed? Conor What the actual fuck? That's my bed and no-one sleeps in it! NO-ONE!"

He started chuckling.

"WHAT?!"

"Let me finish babe. I asked you to give your bed up and you agreed."

He stops talking so I guess he is waiting for an apology.

"Sorry."

"It’s cool babe. Well that's it."

"Oh. Phew! So nothing happened?"

He passes me a cup of coffee and starts to get up and off the bed and heads towards the door.

"Oh yeah and we kissed." And he walks out the room.

"WHAT? CONOR! WHAT?!"

I can hear him roar with laughter and he walks downstairs.

     ***

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask Conor as we both sit opposite each other on the kitchen table.

"Who said I was staying with you today?"

"Oh." I look down as a small wave of pain bashed against my heart.

"I'm kidding Anna. I want to spend more time with you. But I have to go around half seven-ish yeah?"

I look up at him smiling. "Yes Mr.Maynard."

"I say we go visit my hometown Brighton. I'll show you around and it doesn't all have to be the sights if you get me?" He winks at me.