Chapter 11- Breakfast

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”~ Mark Twain

Conor's POV

We make our way to the car.

"Mate the fame really suits you." We get into the car and drive off.

"I'm liking my job. It’s awesome. I love my Mayniacs. They're all so beautiful."

That is the end of our conversation. The music does all the talking for the rest of the drive to Anna's house. Anth is humming along. Once we're outside her house I notice that her front door is open. Has something happened to her? Before I can even stop myself I'm running out the car at to her house.

"ANNA! ANNA! WHERE ARE YOU?! ANNA!"

And I see her. Part of me is relieved and part of me is torn because she's crying. The girl that I just saw a couple of hours ago all excited is crying. Why? That’s when I see him. Who's the man?

"Babe! Calm down!" I'm running to her. I hold her in my arms as she falls to the ground. She's crying so badly. WHY? I look up and finally see this man’s face. Who are you?

Anna's POV

I start to breathe normally. I can still feel my tears trickling down my face. I want to wipe them away but I don’t want to move. I close my eyes. Everything was fine until he came. I don't ever want to see him again. I'm still shivering, am I cold, angry or nervous? I want to stay here forever I don’t want to move.

"Babe..."

I don’t answer. It’s stupid but I feel embarrassed. He doesn’t speak again for a while.

"Babe... You've got to get up. Let’s get you changed and into bed."

"No...”

"Babe... It’s cold here... come on."

He helps me sit up and supports me with his hands. I look at him. This boy. This is the boy who I couldn’t stand just a few days. He annoyed the hell out of me and I didn’t want to know anything about him. He's the boy whose arms I was crying in. Am I falling for him?

 ***

He wraps his arms around me. I quietly shiver in his arms. After every few minutes he kisses my head. I want to shrug away but at the same time I want to stay here. The door opens I don’t have the energy to look up.

"Thanks mate. Just put it down here yeah?"

I hear the sound of him putting something down on my bedside table.

"Con it’s getting late yeah? I'm gonna head off home, and its looks like your busy. I'll talk tomorrow yeah?"

"Alright mate, I'll see you tomorrow." He shuts the bedroom door and walks down.

"I know your throat is probably hurting from all that screaming... so please drink this." His voice is gentle and low. I decide that I don’t want to argue and he's right; my throat does hurt. I take the warm glass of milk from him and slowly drink it. I look down not wanting to look at him. Giving him the glass back I thank him. I get back into the position I was sleeping in before and think.