Chapter 28- The Ending Of The End

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”~ André Gide

"Please don't!" I beg him, tears streaming down my face, "She done nothing to you! Punish me all you want! But please, I beg you not her!"

He strokes the side of my face and looks at me adoringly before his expression hardens. "How sweet is that eh? The big sister wanting to help the little one? This ain't no fucking fairytale. There is no damn happy ending. For me maybe... but not for you."

"Not now, but you will get punished! She's a child! What has she ever done to you?!" I ask, my tears still falling.

"Nothing, but you have!" He storms past me. "Hannah! Where are you?!"

I run up after him begging him. "Please just don't. Stop..." I reach her bedroom door, only to have in close in my face. I hear the lock being shut.  I bang on the door screaming.

"NO! PLEASE. NO. GOD PLEASE! ROB LEAVE HER. PLEASE, DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH ME! IT’S MY FAULT NOT HERS! ROB! PLEASE!" I get no response except the pleas of Hannah. "ROB JUST PLEASE! SHE... SHE..." I fall against her bedroom door, my back against the cold material. "Please..." I cry to myself knowing that it was no use. I failed at the one thing that I promised her that I would protect her from. Him.

"ANNAAAAA! HELP!" I hear Hannah call for me which causes me to carry on banging the door down. "ROB LET HER GO!" My tears falling one after the other.

The door opens to reveal a very angry Rob. "You are right, I should punish you."

"Please, just not her."

"Oh, I have a little something in mind. HANNAH!"... No response. "HANNAH!" She slowly comes out from behind her door, bare, with nothing but her underwear on. Her shaking from the cold and from crying. Her eyes all puffy and red. My heart leaps out to her. She looks at me and closes her eyes. "Get downstairs you little brat."

Hannah flinches at his words but follows through. "Why-"

I get cut off by him pulling on my hair, dragging me down the stairs. Once in the dining room he pulls out a chair. "Sit there, and don't fucking move!" I oblige to his rules. He wanders off into the kitchen and I look at Hannah standing quietly in the corner.

"I'm sorry Hannah..." I say barely a whisper.

"I love you Anna."

Rob comes back into the room with tape. "Hands behind your back."

"What are yo-"

"Just fucking do it." I do what he says and he tapes my wrists together, tapes each leg to each chair leg and wraps the tape once around the chair, securing me to it. "This should be more fun."

"What are you...?" I start until realisation struck me. "HANNAH! RUN! RUN! NOW GO!" I scream, the tears starting to fall. Hannah looks at me for a split second. "GO! I'LL COME FOR YOU!" She takes off, out the room and towards the front door. From what I can hear she opens the front door.

"You bitch!" Rob runs after her.

"RUN HANNAH! PLEASE! GO!" I carry on screaming. I hear Hannah scream, washing any hope I had that she got away.

Rob enters the room looking pissed off. He throws her onto the sofa opposite me. "Oh... you just made it worse for her. Sit back and enjoy Anna, blame yourself."