Chapter 2- My Step-Dad's Glare

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”~ Bernard M. Baruch

Time to meet the guy who drives me completely mad. Mr. Conor Maynard- the guy who has girls falling at his feet and everyone running after him like his personal lapdog. Celebrity singer who thought he could be normal and study in college. God knows why. If I had the choice I would never come back to college.

I sit down and carry on with my work. Yes, I know I said he was ugly but he does have beautiful blue eyes. I have always wanted blue eyes. It gives a very mysterious look and very hard to read. But Conor? He was readable; Cocky, vain, self-centred obnoxious, bossy... I could go on and on but the list is endless but well… you get the idea.

"Hey Anna. You know you can’t ignore me forever?"

I carry on with my work showing him that I can ignore him if I want.

He taps me on my shoulder so I turn and look at him.

"What do you want Conor?"

"You?"

I roll my eyes at him and this time turn my back to him as I carry on with my work.

"Anna look I need your help"

I sigh and turn to look at him. He has this confused face and I can’t help but laugh.

"Glad you find me amusing Anna. Well I am kinda funny I guess."

I stop laughing. This is what I hate, His vanity.

I go back to do my work when he stops me.

"Look Anna I'm going away on a weekend trip this week"

"So?" I ask in an obvious tone.

"I want you to join me"

I stare at him and then start to speak slowly, "What? Why me Conor? Why don’t you ask one of the other girls that actually want to get into your bed?"

This made him laugh. But weirdly enough he never spoke to me again that lesson. Thank God.

 ***

After school me, Peter and Mikayla are talking about our shopping arrangements for this weekend when he comes and joins us. As usual Mikayla starts giggling.

"Hey Conor."

Conor looked at her and shakes his head.

"Erm hey... Anna a word?"

I look up to see everyone glaring my way. All of a sudden everyone is silent. I follow him looking down because I cannot not bare to look back at those glares. He takes us to the darkest corner of the car park. I lean against the wall while he speaks.

"So erm here's my card once you've made your mind up."

This may be a good time to tell him you can’t make in Anna. "Urm you see the thing is Conor... Well... I've kinda got plans with my friends this weekend and I..."

"FOR FUCK SAKES ANNA! CANCEL THEM THEN! GOSH!"

His outburst scares me so I get up to walk away. Obviously he stops me.

"Urgh! Look I'm sorry. Please I really really want you to come with me, I wouldn't ask anyone else except you. Please?"

"Yeah erm fine. But no promises."

"Good. Fine"

I took the card from his hands and looked up at him to see that mysteriousness in his eyes.

To see that glare he was giving me.

It reminded me of my step-dad's glare and that gave me the chills.