Chapter 5- Surprise Surprise

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”~ Dr. Seuss

Anna's POV

I open the door to my house. God, I really need to tidy this place up. I drop my bag to the floor and run upstairs. A quick change of clothes and I'm back down. Do I really want to eat? I decide against eating and instead I decide to watch TV.

I flick through the channels. Nothing interesting, as usual. Well maybe I would find it interesting if I could get him out of my head.

"Looks like tidying it is," I mutter to myself.

I walk over to my kitchen to start washing up but stop at the door.

"Crap. This is going to take forever. Maybe I should do it tomorrow? Stop it Anna! Do it now! Oh my gosh! I'm going mad I’m even talking to myself. Oh my gosh, stop Anna."

I tidy most the house; starting with the kitchen and finishing with my bedroom. My house is kinda big for someone who lives alone considering I only sleep in one room and there's two rooms. At first my plan was to make the spare room into a study but I didn't have enough money. I guess I could have slowly made it but to be honest I couldn't be bothered. Instead I bought myself a laptop for all my work and I just made the spare room into a guest room that consists of a miniature single bed and a one door wardrobe. I mean honestly who'd stay here?

After all that tidying I decided I deserved a treat and made myself a sandwich and made a call to Kay.

"Hey An"

"Hey. Kay. What you up to?"

"Nothing. Started the English coursework then couldn't be bothered because I didn't understand and it was too hard..."

"Kay you know if you paid attention in class and put your phone away you'd understand pretty much everything?"

"Please don’t lecture me."

"I'm not. I advising you Kay, do you want some help?"

"Are you willing to help me?"

"Oh believe me. It's a pleasure"

"Oh thanks An! Let me go and get my papers"

She puts the phone down and while she disappears I use this time to admire how clean my house looks. I feel so proud of myself. I realise how deadly silent my house is. I start to wonder what it would be like if I was living with someone. Someone like Kay. I shake that idea out of my head because I know that I would go mad if I ever lived with her. Then I think about Pete. That would be weird. I mean imagine if I ever had a guy over? Not that I ever would because of what happened. Maybe living with Conor... No way! But I still wonder though...

"Hey I'm back."                          

Kay's voice breaks me from my little daydream.

"Oh hey."

"Okay so help me. The question was 'What does the first soliloquy said by Lady Macbeth say about Macbeth and Lady Macbeth's relationship?’"

"Well for starters it shows that their relationship is close as Macbeth tells Lady Macbeth about his greatness and he wants her to be the first to know then it shows how much he trusts her as he openly tells her about his meeting with the three witches. Not only this but Macbeth loves his wife and respects her, we call tell this by the way he calls her 'dearest' and so on. Macbeth also believes that his wife is owed many great things showing just how much he looks up to her. Howev-"

"WHOA! Slow down Anna! I am trying to write this down you know."

"Sorry...."

I wait a while as she writes everything down.

"Okay. Carry on but slow down."

"However Lady Macbeth doesn't feel the same way. In fact is actually the opposite. Lady Macbeth doesn’t trust Macbeth to do anything. That being said she knows him very well as she already knows what he will and will not do, however she doesn’t trust-"

The doorbell rings.

"Hold up."

With the phone still to my ear I get up to answer the door. I wasn't expecting anyone was I? If it's those stupid people again...

I open the door... KILL. ME. NOW.

"Heya Babe"

I stood there. My feet glued to the floor. My eyes wide open.

"Hello! Anna you still there? I know I said to slow down Anna, but not this slow. Hello! Anna. Can you hear me?"