Chapter 36- Make-Up Or Breakup?

Chapter 36- Make-Up Or Breakup?

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”~ Stephen Chbosky

Run! I try to get my legs to run faster but they just don't seem to be moving fast enough. Come on Anna! Run! He is slowly going away. I push my legs to work faster as I can feel my heart pounding in my ears. Tears start to form and I can feel them trickling down the sides of my face. I call after him again and again but he doesn't stop. I don't think he can even hear me. I try calling him again louder but again, no response. He keeps running. I tell him I love him but he doesn't stop. Why doesn't he stop? I need him to stop, I need him. My tears fall harder, the salty substance blurring my vision. I beg him to stop and face me but he doesn't. Why is he leaving me? It feels like the faster I run the further he is getting from me. I trip over misplaced rocks but quickly jump up and resume running after him. He is much further away from me now. Damn those rocks! I call him again in a fail attempt.

"Please... Just stop."

He doesn't stop. He runs past a sign that clearly says 'DANGER!' I call him to tell him it's not safe. I run after him in order for him to stop.

"It's not safe! Stop!"

He turns around a sharp corner and I follow. He looks back at me and I scream at him, I scream for him to come back to me. He shakes his head at me. I scream. But this time for him not to come back to me. No. I scream for him to look out. But I'm too late. He has fallen. I stop abruptly at the edge and fall to the ground as I watch his body fall rapidly down 1000ft.

"CONOR!"

"Anna!" I feel someone pull at me. I slowly open my eyes and wait until my eyes adjust to my surroundings. Once it has cleared up I see Armani (Marni), Mikayla, and Kayla looking at me with worry evident in their eyes. I slowly sit up and only then does it hit me that I fell asleep during the movie.

"Anna? Are you okay? You were tossing and turning and you just started screaming in your sleep." Marni asks me with doubt in her voice.

"Yeah... I just need to freshen up." They all nod as I slowly get up and make my way upstairs and into the bathroom. I splash cold water over my face in aim to cool myself. I can feel the sweat in my now damp hair. I decide that it would be best if I quickly shower. I strip all my clothes off, lock the door and slip into the cool shower. I let the water run all over my body, allowing it to relax. I can still hear my heart beating hard just like in my dream. More like nightmare. But that is all it was Anna. A nightmare. I take a few deep breaths but allow my tears to fall with the water.

"Hey, where is everyone?" Marni turns around to face me. She closes the fridge door and leans against it.

"They all left a few minutes ago. They said sorry for leaving while you were still in the shower."

"Oh. Okay. Why are you still here?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I see the sincerity in her eyes and decide to give her a reassurance hug.

"I'm fine," I say as I pull away, "It was just a bad dream."

"Hmm. An?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you and Conor okay?"