Chapter 32- Contrast And Celebrations

“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I pace around waiting for Conor to come out of his dressing room. It's only half two in the afternoon and he has already done three interviews and a signing for probably over 200 'Mayniacs'. Now, I know what you are wondering... Why the sudden busy schedule? Today 'Contrast' his debut album has been released and is already a massive hit. Talk about dedicated fans! Hundreds of copies have been sold and that is just from one store!

"Hey, let's go." Conor takes me hand into his and guides us out the way. The whole building has been evacuated so Conor doesn't get rushed like before. That was mental! He couldn't even get into the building before he was attacked by a massive group of girls; some hyper, some aggressive and some crying. They were all begging to touch Conor and take a picture with him. Some were even asking for his snapback! Once safely in the tinted car, I turn to Conor with a huge smile on my face. "What you looking at me like a creep for?"

"I know we are still really getting to know each other, but I'm proud of you Con." He slightly blushes before he wraps his arms around my shoulders and kisses the top of my head.

"Thank you babe." A comfortable silence falls on us throughout the rest of the journey; the only sound to my ears is his heartbeat which puts me at ease.

I throw my keys onto the table once entering my house. Conor follows in after me. "Want a drink?" I ask turning into the kitchen.

"Nope."

"Alright."

"Anna?"

"Yeah?" I take a glass out and place in under the running tap. I watch the water run waiting his response. With silence dancing in my ears I turn to face him looking slightly flustered and his mouth opening and closing; but no sound coming out. "What's wrong?" I ask slightly worried.

"Erm… Well, you know that new Italian restaurant they just finished building?"

"Er the one near our college?"

"That's the one."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to join me for dinner tonight. There. In the restaurant."

I coo at how cute he looks acting all shy. I walk up to him and kiss his cheek. "It would be an honour. Are we celebrating the release of your album?"

"Yeah."

"I think that it's cute. Who else will be joining us?"

"What?" I raise my brow at him. "Nobody? It's just going to be us."

"Oh."

"Is that a problem?"

"No... It's just... I don't want you wasting your celebration on just me. I don't mind if your friends and family come. Honestly."

"It's not going to be a waste. I want to spend tonight with you, and just you. I can celebrate with them tomorrow or something."

"Only if you are sure."

"Never been so sure about anything." He kisses my forehead and I smile.

We stay like that for a while before his ring tone blares out and startles us both. "Sorry." I step back and watch as he takes out his phone and looks at the caller ID. "