Ch. 36: Having a Good Time with You (Part 1)

Kihyun

~during their meal~

"No way," I gasped as Changkyun recounts some funny childhood memories as we got to know each other more intimately and after I told him some too. Previously, we had talked about things that people normally talk about on first dates. However, we felt like it was kind of awkward and...in a way cliché.  

"Right? I didn't think that my pants would get caught on the swing and get taken off of me in front of the other kids. One of the most embarrassing moments in my life," he says as he shakes his head with a fond look in his eyes. 

"But, that can't top  this story. When I was like 10 or so, I accidentally spilt orange juice on my toast. For some reason, I thought that it was a great idea to put it back in the toaster to make it dry again. Totally ruined the toaster. I got in big trouble with my mom. She never let me hear the end of it and she still brings it up every once in a while," I replied.

"R.I.P. toaster," he laughs.

"I really thought she would discipline me for it but she was only worried that I might have gotten hurt," I said before eating the rest of my food. 

"If it was my mom, she would have been so mad," Changkyun replies after drinking some barley water. 

"I-," I began to say when I saw Hyungwon making weird faces at me from their table. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from laughing but was unsuccessful in the end. I had been wondering when he would do something. Changkyun looked at me funny before looking behind him to see what I was laughing at.

Hyungwon instantly stopped making weird faces and then playfully smacks Hoseok on the arm before saying something that I could not hear. I rolled my eyes at him to which he smirked while not looking at me. 

Changkyun turns back around after not finding the source of my amusement. "What do you say about taking a long walk on the river side," he asks.