Ch. 19: Knight in Shining Armor (Part 2)

Changkyun

"Oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it," the guy challenges. But, I refused to make the first move as I wouldn't be able to claim self-defense if the cops arrest us later. Soon enough, the guy lunges and tackles me to the ground. I grunted when my back hit the ground and quickly shoved the guy off of me. 

When we both got up, he tries to punch me but I sidestepped and punched him just under his jaw. It wasn't enough to knock him out but it certainly dealt a lot of damage. The other customers in the hotpot place were no doubt talking about what is going on and perhaps even recording. "Changkyun, stop," Kihyun says when he comprehends what's going on. 

I looked at him and was about to respond when the straggot punches me in the face. I stumbled back a little and turned back to glare at him. Before I could launch another attack, Kihyun got in between us and his friends held him back. 

"Let me at him. Let me at him," the straggot says as he struggles to get out of his friends' grip. 

"Come on, let's get him out of here before things get worse," Friend 1 says. 

"Yeah," Friend 2 says.

"I apologize on his behalf," Friend 3 says before he helps the others. After they left, the rest of the marketing department comes over to ask if I am okay.

"Do you want to go to the hospital," Junmyeon asks.

"We can go to the police at that guy. He shouldn't be to far," Chaerin says.

"My best friend is a cop. He-," Jihyo began to say but I shook my head. 

"It's okay. He got worse than me," I replied. 

"Are you sure," Kihyun half-slurs half asks as he raised his hand to my face and pokes the corner of my lips. I winced and nodded. In the background, I heard Chaerin telling everyone that we should go home since the mood is ruined. "You didn't have to do that...," he says with an apologetic look on his face. 

"It's alright. I wanted to," I said and tried to smile but ended up wincing instead. He shakes his head and then says, "There's a first aid kit in my car. Let me dress your wound. It's the least I can do."

~at Kihyun's car~

"Lean against the hood. I'll be right," he says before slowly walking to the backseat of his car after unlocking the car. When he comes back, he stumbles a bit. I caught his hand to help him maintain his balance. "Oh, thank you. I'm quite clumsy when I am buzzed or drunk," he laughs awkwardly. 

I nodded. He places the kit on the car, opens it, and takes out an alcohol wipe. He tries to tear off the edge but fails miserably. "Here, let me do it," I chuckled and reached out for it. He smacks my hand away and slurs, "Listen here, Im Changkyun. If I, Yoo Kihyun, said I'll do it, then I'll do it. Capiche?"

"Yes, sir," I snorted. 

"Now, just sit there and let me administer first aid," he says and then without hesitation, pressed the wipe onto the wound next to my lips. I flinched at the burn of the rubbing alcohol. "Stay still, yah big baby," he slurs before applying it again. 

This time I found myself staring at him. Now that I have a closer look, I have to say that he is pretty and handsome at the same time.  I must have been staring to look as Kihyun flicked me on the forehead. 

"I said can you drive since you didn't drink as much as I did," he says in a tone that reminded me of my mom. 

"Your wish is my command," I replied.