Ch. 18: Knight in Shining Armor (Part 1) [TW]

T/W: There are some homophobic language in this chapter. Please read at your own discretion.

Changkyun

~thirty two minutes later~

Everyone was pretty much drunk expect for Kihyun. He was only buzzed as he hadn't drank as much as the others. Chaerin was encouraging him to drink more while Junmyeon was trying to discourage her from it but he doesn't really make any difference as his speech wasn't very coherent. 

"I'll drink it for him," I said as I took the cup of soju from Chaerin and drank it. 

"You didn't have to do that. Thank you," Kihyun says with redden cheeks but I wasn't sure if it was because of Asian glow or blushing. 

"It's okay. I wanted too," I smiled. 

"Oh~. Kihyun, you have a knight in shining armor," Jihyo cackles as she slowly sips on some Long Island Ice Tea cocktail. 

"Aish, Noona. Stop it," Kihyun stammers. 

"Why? It's been a long-," she begins to say but I cut her off by feeding her some chips as I didn't want her to remind Kihyun of the past. She glares at me before munching on said chips. 

"It's hot in here," Kihyun says to no one in particular before getting up.

"Where are you going," I asked.

"Just outside to get some fresh air," he answers.

"I'll go with you."

"Okay," he says before making his way to the front. I got up and went after him. Just as he was about to get to the door, he bumps into someone. "I'm sorry," he says softly before trying to go to the door. But, the guy that he bumped into wasn't having it. He grabs onto Kihyun's hand and pulls his back. 

"Who the hell do you think you are? Bumping into me and not apologizing? Huh," the guy grunts. 

"I did say sorry," Kihyun says in a louder voice.

"Say it again. Louder," the guy shouts. 

"I already did," Kihyun says stubbornly.

"You fucking bastard," the guys growls and goes to hit Kihyun. But, I ran over time and caught his fist before kicking him. He stumbles into his buddies before looking at me with a pissed off look on his face. "Who the fuck are you? His boyfriend or something," he asks in a venomous tone. When I didn't reply, he says, "Fucking faggots."

"What did you just say," I asked angrily.  

"Fags," he says with a smirk before spitting at me.  

"You're going to regret saying that," I growled.