Ch. 11: Lost in Your Eyes

Changkyun

~after work~

I groaned lightly as I stretched in my office chair. I had stayed an extra fifteen minutes in part because I was late on my first day and because it is my first day. Most of my department had headed home already except for one Yoo Kihyun.

I aimlessly did typed random things into a Word document after deciding to wait for him because...well I didn't really have a reason. I just wanted too. By the time Kihyun opened his office door, I had already typed up three pages single space of nonsense. 

"Oh, looks like I'm not the only workaholic in this department anymore," Kihyun muses as he walks closer. 

"Huh? Oh, I didn't realize that it already passed the time to go home," I lied as I quickly closed the Word document to reveal a Excel spreadsheet that had a report on how well the commercials are going for the subsidiaries that the corporation runs.

"Hmm, happens to the best of us. Trust me," he laughs in a way that sounded like music to my ears. I could swear that he must have been a singer in another life. 

"Well, come on. Let's go home before security comes and kicks us out. The boss doesn't let us do over time unless it is necessary," he says as I shut down my computer and stood up. 

"Okay," I replied before gathering my things. 

"Did you leave anything in the fridge," he asks. 

"No, we ate out, remember?"

"Oh, yeah...," he says after pausing for a few seconds to recall. Then, he nods with a slight pout on his lips. I gestured toward the elevator to signal that we should go there instead of standing here. Instead of answering verbally, he begins to walk that way. I followed suit.

To break the silence,  I asked, "Do you often work overtime?"

"Not always. Just recently. Because of the- workload lately has been increasing lately," he says in a tone that made me think that he is not telling the truth. 

"Really," I asked more rhetorically than actually asking before hitting the down button. 

"Mhmm," he says through closed lips. A few seconds later, the elevator doors open with a bing that alerted us to it. Kihyun steps in first but slips for some reason. I stepped forward and caught him. Kihyun's breath hitches from the near fall before he looks at me with an alarmed look in his eyes. 

We stare into each other's eyes until Kihyun's relax. A few seconds after that, the trace that we lulled ourselves into snaps.  Kihyun clears his throat suddenly to which I immediately moved us so that we were standing up right. 

We both waited for the other to say something. I glanced into the elevator. In the middle of it, there stood a Caution: Wet sign in the middle. "I guess we should have seen that coming," I laughed awkwardly before mentally slapping myself for saying that instead something witty.