Ch. 16: Must Protecc

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I totally forgot to post this yesterday. 

Changkyun

~the next morning~

"Good morning, everyone," Kihyun says as he enters the office but something seems off. I turned around to look at him to see him wearing a pair of sunglasses...inside. 

"Good morning," I said as he passes by my desk. Just as he passes by, I saw that his eyes were puffy. He was crying? An urge to fight whoever or whatever made him cry surges through my mind. Part of me wanted to run up to him and hug him but the other part of me is reasoning that I don't really have any right to do that let alone anything else. 

"Hmm, poor thing," Jihyo, the coworker who sits to my left, says before clicking her tongue. 

"Why is that," I asked.

"You don't know? It has been the hot topic at our company for quite some time now," she says.

"I just started yesterday..."

"Oh, right. Sorry, you tend to forget things as you get older," she chuckles before saying, "Hmm, I don't know if I should tell you..."

"I won't tell anyone. I promise," I said with my best puppy dog eye look. She looks at me suspiciously before spilling the beans. 

"You didn't hear this from me but....Kihyun was in a relationship with one of the higher ups' son. And, the bastard cheated on him. Like why would you do that? I mean...look at Kihyun. He's a winner," she whispers to me after looking around to see if anyone was around. 

"No way...," I said slowly as it hasn't quite hit me yet.

"Right," she scoffs as she shakes her head. A few seconds later, she says before gathering a few folders and going to another part of the company, "Oh my! I forgot I have a meeting in ten minutes. I got to go."

"See you later," I said absentmindedly as I silently brood over the fact that someone hurt Kihyun like that. How dare he....