Ch. 24: Untitled

Changkyun

"Hey, Changkyun ssi," Jihyo says.

"Yes, Noona?"

"Come along with us to the meeting with Fuilinae Food Corp. It will be a good experience for you," she says. 

"Okay, do I have to prepare anything for the meeting," I asked. 

"Um, I'll send you some documents. Make 10 copies and staple them if needed. Read them too," she says after pausing to think for a few seconds. 

"Sure, will do," I said. I waited for a few minutes before a notification sound for an incoming email sounds off. I look at the lower right hand corner of my screen and saw that it was her email. I clicked on it and read each document after downloading them onto my computer. I was kind of surprised to see how detailed each one was. 

"Wow, these reports are really well done," I said.

"Well, Kihyun isn't the top employee in our department  for no good reason," she laughs.

"He wrote them?"

"That's right."

"Oh, I'll go make copies now."

"Alright, the meeting is in two hours by the way," she says as I hit print for all of the documents.

"Noted," I said before walking over to the copier room.  To my surprise, I bumped into someone who was on the way out. Papers fell onto the floor. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry," I said as I went to help the person pick up the papers. Said person did too which inadvertently made us hold hands.

The person quickly withdraws his/her hand from my grasp. I looked up and saw Kihyun with pink dusted cheeks looking at me. I quickly picked up all of his papers and stood up. "Here you go," I said and held out the papers to him.

He stands up, takes them from me, and shyly says, "Thank you."

"No problem," I said in a slightly shaking tone. 

"Um," he says before gesturing to the door.

"Oh, right. Sorry," I stammered before moving to one side to let him through just as he went to exit. But, we ended up stopping each other. I stepped to the right but he does too. We both then paused and looked at each other before laughing at how silly this was. 

I stepped backward and then to the side before gesturing for him to go ahead and exit the room. He nods to me before leaving and presumably going back to his office. I rubbed at the back of my neck as I watched him walking away before shaking my head slightly for a few seconds.