Ch. 4: Newbie

A/N: Stream Fantasia!

Kihyun

"You...You're that guy from the club," I said after staring at him for a few seconds.

"That would be me," he replies.

"Well, I always attracted trouble since I was a kid. I guess I have a lot of bad luck," I chuckled sheepishly. 

"Not always," he says which puzzled me. 

"Wha- I'm kind of in a hurry. Here. Take my business card. I'll treat you to something to thank you for saving me, okay," I said after hearing the signal that said it is okay to cross and as I took one out from my wallet and handed it to him. After he takes it, I made a mad sprint to my workplace.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lee," I said to the receptionist in the lobby.

"Morning, Dear," she says cheerfully. Then, I went over to the elevators after scanning my badge to get past the gates. Just as I got through, I saw one of the elevator doors slowly closing. 

"Hold up. Wait please," I shouted and ran to it. Luckily, someone inside head it open for me. I got in. I leaned against the elevator wall while panting with my eyes closed as my head ached.

"My.My. The Yoo Kihyun is late for once. Has the sun rise from the west today," a familiar voice says in a sarcastic tone. I opened my eyes to see Minhyuk looking at me with that Cheshire Cat grin of his. Even though he is the boss' sectary, he was the first person that I became friends with at this corporation. He can be annoying at times but he is a nice guy.

"Good morning to you too," I said in a snarky tone. 

"You're lucky that the boss didn't come in yet," he says as he hits the close button. He had already pressed the button for the tenth floor.

"Really? Awesome," I smiled.

"Oh, also, did you hear that we are getting a new employee today too," he asks with an eyebrow raised.

"What? Someone got chosen?"

"Yeah, Jin from HR told me over the weekend," he says.

"I hope the newbie is good because I don't want to have to teach him the basics too," I sighed as I had to do it before with another coworker. 

"It's the curse of being the best in your department," he laughs as we finally got to the tenth floor. 

"Unfortunately," I sighed.