Ch. 7: A Weird One

A/N: Updates will be moving to weekends starting from next month as I recently graduated college and will be working. I'll update during the weekdays if I can. 

Kihyun

"Well, let me know if you need help or you can ask one of your other colleagues," I said with a business smile on my lips.

"Will do," he replies. I nodded and walked back to the kitchen to grab my cup of coffee. I picked it up and to my dismay, it was cold. I clicked my tongue out of annoyance as I was counting on it to suppress my hangover. I quickly dumped it down the sink before rinsing it out and putting it on the dish rack.

On my way to my office, I past by Junmyeon's office. It was then when I remembered that he wasn't called the Pharmacist for nothing.  He has a drawer in his desk full of vitamins and some over the counter medicines plus some snacks. Junmyeon is kind of the mom of the department. I knocked on his door, which had his name and job title (vice director of marketing) on a plaque. 

"Come in," he says from inside his office. I opened the door and walked in before closing it behind me.  "Good morning, Kihyun ah...Is something wrong," he asks after giving me a once over. 

"Just a hangover. Do you have any aspirin or something," I asked. 

"Oh~, looks like someone had some fun yesterday," he jokes before opening that drawer and getting what I requested. He takes one out and hands it to me. 

"It wasn't really my choice," I laughed awkwardly.

"Still. Gotta live a little," he smiles.

"I guess. Thank you, Hyung...for this," I said before I began to walk out of the office.

"Bye now," he replies. I exited his office and closed the door behind me before going into my office and closing the door to my office. I sat down on my office chair, placed the pill in my mouth, and downed the water that was in the bottle that I forgot to bring back home on Friday. Then, I tossed it at the recycling bin that was next to my desk.

I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes for around a minute before sitting back up. From where I was sitting, I can look out my office window into the main part of the department. To my surprise, I found Changkyun looking my way. For some reason, I looked back behind me to see if there was someone behind me but there wasn't. 

When I looked back at him, he was looking at his computer. "He's a weird one," I muttered to myself before booting up my computer.