Ch. 68: A Fretful Night [TW]

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains topics like abuse, trauma, ptsd, etc. Please read at your own discretion.

A/N: Similar to Faith, the thoughts (that Kihyun has) in bold  font are his demons/the voice in his head talking. 

Kihyun

~10:43 pm~

~in his dreams~

I slowly opened the front door to Hyunwoo's apartment after unlocking it. None of the lights were on. Once the door was open, I went inside and slowly closed the door so I wouldn't make any loud sounds. Using the light coming in from the window, I took off my shoes and started to walk down the hallway. 

Once I was at the end of the hallway, I was about to go around the corner to go to the bedroom. But, then the light suddenly turns on. I gasped loudly and turned to see why it turned on. Hyunwoo is sitting on the couch with an unimpressed look on his face. 

"Didn't I say not to hang out with them," Hyunwoo states rather than asks as he looks at me with a dark look on his face. 

"It was Minhyuk hyung's birthday. I just-," I began to explain myself but he crosses the room in no time and pushes me against the wall. 

"Kihyun," he warns.

"Hyung, you're hurting me," I winced as the grip on both of my wrists was really tight.

"It seems that you need to be taught a lesson," he clicks his tongue out of annoyance before preceding to drag me to the bedroom. I deserve it. I didn't listen to him. I can't hang out with anyone else...

"Wait! Stop! Let me go! I won't do it again! I promise," I panicked as I didn't want to get punished. My body shakes out of fear and tears threaten to drip down my face. He ignores me and continues to drag me by my wrists. In the next second, I start to hyperventilate. No! I don't! I just- why can't I do what I want- Is it really what I want? He is all I need.

Hearing this, he stops, lets go my wrists, and crouches down in front of me. I instinctively backed up until my back hit the wall. The hard look on his face disappears. "I'm sorry, Kihyun. I let my anger get ahead of me," he says as he hugs my shaking body close. Before I could relax into his hold, I kept hearing someone calling out to me.

I paused to listen to who was calling out to me. It didn't seem like it was Hyunwoo. Weird...who could it be? "Hyung, wake up," someone familiar says in a worried tone.  

"Hyung, do you hear that," I asked Hyunwoo. But, he doesn't answer. I leaned back in his hold to look at him as I was wondering why he wasn't answering. The second I did that everything started to shake. 

~back to reality~

I opened my eyes and saw Changkyun leaning over me. "Oh, thank god," he mutters under his breath before pushing stray strands of hair away from my eyes and then cupping my right cheek with his right hand. "Are you okay," he asks. 

"I'm fine. Did I wake you up," I asked hesitantly. Did I say anything in my sleep?

"You were having a nightmare and wouldn't wake up until just now," he replies before laying back down on his side and putting his left arm over my waist.

"Oh," I said simply as he cuddled me. 

"I'll kept them at bay. Go to sleep, Hyung," he whispers into my ear. But, I just couldn't at that moment. So, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep while my mind wondered in a downward spiral of negative thoughts. I hadn't had nightmares about Hyunwoo in a while. Meeting him again no doubt restarted them. Meeting him again was one of the last things I wanted but I knew it was inevitable as I am working at his father's company. I just choose to be ignorant of it. It did cross my mind to get a job somewhere else but I couldn't find and/or get one that was better than this job.

 I chewed on my lower lip. A habit that I developed when I get anxious. In midst of this, I can hear Changkyun's breath evening out as he fell back asleep. Will I ever escape from his grasp? I sighed deeply. As if sensing that something was wrong, Changkyun hugs me tighter and mutters something in his sleep. It sounded something similar to "Stay away from my hyungie." 

This brought a smile to my lips and dispersed the negative thoughts. "Silly," I chuckled fondly before finally letting myself fall back asleep.