Ch. 13: Babying

Kihyun

"Hyung, be good," he says in a firm tone that made me feel...strange. I slowly nodded and let him apply medicine and bandage my injured foot. After a minute or two, he throws everything back into the bag before standing up. "I'll go get my car," he says as he turned to walk to the parking lot. 

"But-," I began to say but then he looks at me with an unimpressed face. "Brat,' I grumbled under my breath. 

"I heard that," he says before walking to his car. 

"Cheh, no respect," I said as I clicked my tongue out of mild annoyance. A few minutes later, a black sedan pulls up in front of me. The car is turned off and then the driver's side door opens revealing Changkyun. He walks over to me and goes to pick me up like I am some sort of princess in a fairy tale. 

"I think I can manage to walk six feet," I smiled. 

"You sure," he asks with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," I scoffed and stood up. I step forward with my uninjured foot all the while putting most of my weight on that foot before stepping forward with my injured carefully and not putting a lot of pressure on it. After several repetitions, I made it to the car without falling. "See," I said as I turned around to look at him. 

He simply smiles and walks over to me before opening the door for me. "Thanks," I said before getting in.

"No problem," he says before closing the door, going around the car, and getting in through the driver's side door. "So, what's your address? I need it if I am going to drive you back home," he says. 

~twenty seven minutes later~

"Well, here we are," he says as he pulls into the parking lot of my apartment building.

"Mhmm," I said.

"..."

"..."

"Umm, thank you for today. I'll see you tomorrow," I said awkwardly as I couldn't think of anything else to say. 

"Let me help you get up to your apartment," he says. 

"...Changkyun ssi, it's okay, really. I can ask my friends who live in the same building to help if I need it," I replied. But, the second I said that a dark look passes through his eyes. What was that?