Ch. 64: Unexpected Encounter (Part 2)

A/N: early update cuz I have family coming over on the weekend ;)

Changkyun

~at the same time~

"Hyung, I'm coming in," I said after knocking on his office door with coffee and some bakery treats on hand. Then, I opened the door and walked in. To my surprise, he wasn't inside. How odd...the meeting should be over already. "Noona, didn't the meeting end already why isn't Kihyun hyung in his office," I asked Jihyo as I had left the meeting early as the last part of the meeting was only between the higher leveled employees in the department. 

"Hmm, it should've. Maybe, he is in the bathroom or something," she says without looking at me as she continued to work on a report. 

"Oh," I trailed off as I took a seat at my desk and set down the items that I was carrying on the desk. 

"Changkyun hoobae?"

"Yes, Noona?"

"Can you be a dear and take the report that I just printed out to the clerk for the quality assurance department? It is on level  8 on the left side," she asks.

"Sure, that's the level where the meeting was, right?"

"Bingo," she smiles.

"Okay, I will go," I said and got up to go.

"Thank you. You're the best. I would go myself if I didn't have another report to do that's due today."

"No problem," I replied before going to the workroom, grabbing the report, stapling it, and leaving my department to go to the department of quality assurance. Once I was in the lobby, I hit the up button for the elevator. I can check the bathroom there while I'm at it.

*elevator bing*

I entered the elevator after the previous occupants got out and then hit the button for the eighth floor. I tuned out the elevator music until I arrived at the eighth floor and exited to the left after the doors opened and walked over to the office that had a sign that indicated that they are the quality assurance department. 

After entering the office, I told the clerk what I was doing here and handed her the report before leaving. Then, I made a beeline for the bathroom and looked around for Kihyun but there was no one in sight. A second later, I heard someone mumbling. It sounded awfully like Kihyun so I walked toward the voice to an open stall. 

To my surprise, it really was Kihyun curled up on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. "Hyung," I said in a worried tone and went up to him before squatting down and placing a hand on his shoulder. He freezes for a few seconds before looking up at me. I can see that he is paler than usual and the look of fear lurks in his brown orbs. 

The second he registers that it is me who is in front of him the look of fear disappears and gets replaced with something else that I can't really place my finger on. "Changkyun," he says softly and places a hand on top of the hand I put on his shoulder. A mix of emotions flowed rapidly in my mind in response. 

I had expected for him to hug me but he is the type of person who doesn't like to show his weak side to people. I hope that one day he will feel comfortable enough to show me that side. I will wait for that day. "The floor is cold. You'll get sick," I paused before getting up, grabbing onto his hand, and pulling him up. 

"Let's go back to the office. I bought some coffee and some bakery treats. It will make you feel better," I said. He nods and follows me out the door after I let go of his hand out of respect of him not being comfortable showing public displays of affection and because we are at work. Luckily, the elevator had just emptied out when we entered the lobby. We went in it and I had the button for our floor before hitting the close button. 

Once the elevator doors closed, Kihyun leaned his head against my shoulder, holds onto half of my hand lightly, and whispers, "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay," I said before kissing the top of his head as I was happy that he was willing to show a small part of his weak side to me.