Ch. 27: Plus One

Changkyun

~the following weekend~

~at the mall~

I needed to get some more business attire as one can imagine that a newly graduated college student wouldn't have many. But, now that I have a job that pays well, I decided to go to the mall to buy me some new clothes. 

I walked in and out of several stores and mentally made a note of what I liked and how much they were. Why because I want to see if a similar item is cheaper at a different store or if one item can match one from another store. This might seem to be too cumbersome to do this. But, I find that it is more cost efficient and all that jazz.

When I deducted what I wanted, I went back to the store where I wanted to get some slacks from. For some reason, I couldn't find my size anymore so I bent down to see if there was more. Once I found one, I grabbed it and stood back up. To my surprise, I saw Kihyun standing on the other side of the store with some clothes draped over his arm.

Wanting to surprise him, I took the long way around to get to where he was after putting the slacks on my right shoulder. When I came up behind him, I placed my hands on his shoulders before shouting, "Boo." Kihyun shrieks and accidentally drops the clothes he was wearing.

He turns around quickly to reprimand whoever did it. His eyes widen when he realizes it was me. "Hi, Hyung," I smiled. 

"My god. Can't you greet me like a normal person," he asks in the partonizing tone that all moms have before pausing to look around. "Great, now, we are getting weird looks," he huffs as he picked up the clothes that he dropped. 

"So? It's not like you will see them again," I said nonchalantly.

"That's not the point...So, what brings you here," he asks to change the subject.

"Get some clothes for work. You?"

"Trying to find a suit for my friend's wedding."

"Your friend's wedding?"

"Mhmm. She and I grew up together. But...," he trails off and doesn't finish his sentence.

"But, what?"

"She asked me to bring that boyfriend of mine whom I told her about..."

"And?"

"She doesn't know that my former boyfriend and I broke up already...And, I don't know-," he begins to say but I interrupted.

"I can be your plus one," I said quickly without much thought.

"Excuse me," he asks in a shock voice.

"I'll be your plus one. Simple as that," I shrugged.

"But, I couldn't possibly bother you with this..."

"It's okay. I want to do this." For you...