Ch. 9: Impromptu Lunch Date (Part 2)

Kihyun

"So, you come here often," he asks me after Minseok left. 

"Hmm, too often," I chuckled before continuing to say, "We have been friends since I first started working at Sungin Corp. Minseok hyung used to work there in the sales department but decided that he wanted to fulfill his lifelong dream of owning and running a cafe."

"Oh, I didn't realize that he was the owner let alone being older than both of us," he replied. 

"He gets that a lot. He has such a baby face that people don't think he is actually as old as he really is... Asians don't raisin," I mused. 

"What does that mean?"

"Oh, it simply means that Asians don't physically age."

"Oh," he says as he nods once probably because he never heard that phrase before. 

"How was the first half of your first day? I imagine that it was kind of boring as it really only was orientation and all that jazz," I said to continue the conversation.

"No, it wasn't boring at all," he says with a look in his eyes that I couldn't determine what it meant. 

"Really? You can be honest," I laugh as I was bored on my first day at the corporation. 

"I mean it really. It was better than the one at my internship," he replies as he leans back into his seat. 

"Pardon me, here is your order,"  Sehun says in a bored tone before placing our order onto our table and leaving without another word. 

"Thank you," I called out after him to which he made a weird waving gesture over his broad shoulders. 

"Wow, it smells really good," Changkyun says as he picks up his fork while looking at the tower of souffle pancakes in front of him. They were multicolored so they must be different flavors. There is a light dusting of powdered sugar on them with sliced strawberries on top of some whip cream. In a small beaker, there is a custard sauce.

"Right? Everything that Kyungsoo makes is delicious. Trust me. I can attest to it as one of the many regulars here in this cafe," I said as I picked up my cup of coffee.