Ch. 53: Domestic but Playful (Part 2)

Changkyun

"What did you say? I didn't hear you," he asks as he turns back slightly to look at me. 

"Nothing. Just talking to myself," I lied to which he raises an eyebrow up for a few seconds before going to the fridge and opening it. 

"..."

"Is something wrong, Hyung," I asked as he was staring into the fridge without taking anything out. 

"I just realized that I didn't go grocery shopping because...you know," he says without looking at me. But, I could tell that he was feeling shy as the tips of his ears were red.

"Oh...," I trailed off when I realized what he had meant and started to rub the back of my neck absentmindedly as I started to feel a bit bashful. 

"How about we go to the supermarket? It can a date of sorts," he asks brightly after he closes the fridge door and turns around. I was caught of guard by how adorable the look of his face was. His eyes had a certain light to them. He has a soft smol smile on, which made his cheeks puff up like a hamster. So cute... "You don't want to? I guess it wouldn't really be a date if we go to a superm-," he stops talking before flatting that smile of his into a flat line and the glimmer in his eyes dimmed. 

"No! I mean yes! Let's go, Hyung," I said quickly when I came to understand that he misunderstood what had just happened. Then, I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the front door.

"Wait, I didn't grab my things," he says after dug his heels in to stop me.

"Oh...I forgot too," I said sheepishly before smiling boyishly. 

"Pabo," he mumbles under his breath.

"I heard that," I said in a more teasing tone rather than chastising. 

"Heard what," he asks despite knowing well what I meant. I rolled my eyes at him to which he merongs me. I chuckled as this situation made me feel warm inside. A feeling....a moment that rarely happened with my other partners. 

~at the local H mart~

"What do you feel like eating," Kihyun asks as we enter the produce section of the supermarket. 

"Hmm, I don't know. Something simple. I guess. Like instant food," I said as I wasn't particularly craving anything specific. He stares at me with an unimpressed look on his face before starting to grocery shop. "What? Isn't easier to buy premade food," I asked as I always have bought them since I begun to live alone. 

"...that wouldn't be cooking," he replies simply before getting some bean sprouts, cucumbers, radish kimchi, spinach, potatoes, carrots, and some other items. 

"Oh," I said as I walked next to him when started to head over to other parts of the supermarket. Feeling playful, I put my hand next to his on the cart and had our pinkies overlapping. But, then, he suddenly moves his hand away. Puzzled, I look at him wondering why he did that. 

"People can see," he replies. 

"Who cares? It's the 21st century. We shouldn't have to hide our love from other people," I retorted. Kihyun grits his teeth as his hands tighten their grasp on the cart's handle. Ah, shit. I fked up. "I'm sorry, Hyung. I should have realized that-," I began to say but he cuts me off.

"It's okay. I just- I- I-," he flatters.

"Hyung, it's fine. You don't have to push yourself. I can wait until you are ready," I smiled reassuringly. 

"Thank you," he says in a low voice that I nearly didn't hear due to the other noises in the supermarket.