Ch. 14: Not Ready

Kihyun

~after they parted ways~

~in his bedroom~

I couldn't help but keep thinking about that dark look in his eyes as I drove to work. Was he mad that I didn't let him walk me up to my apartment or something? I mean it wasn't like I was being ungrateful or anything. I just didn't want to bother him with such things. Not to mention, he had already done enough. Plus, we don't even know each other that well so there really isn't any reasons for him to be so...nice. Right?

I clicked my tongue out of annoyance and pouted as I didn't think that I did anything wrong. A few seconds later, I chastised myself for thinking too much about this matter. But, it is no surprise that I did so because I am that kind of person to overthink things. Before I can think about anything else, I hear several text notifications coming from my phone.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone which was on my nightstand. I tapped on the screen and saw that Hyungwon was texting me. 

From: TurtleWon [7:01 p.m.]

So, when were you going to tell me that you are seeing someone new? *winking emoji*

And, don't try to think of some lame excuse. Hoseok saw you guys.

Why aren't you answering?

Don't tell me.... You two are... *smirking emoji*

To: TurtleWon [7:03 p.m.]

Get your head out of the gutter, Hyungwon. That guy was just my coworker.  *un-amused emoji*

From: TurtleWon [7:03 p.m.]

Just a coworker, huh? *laughing emoji* 

To: TurtleWon [7:04 p.m.]

Oh my god... you're not going to let up until you know everything?

From: TurtleWon [7:04 p.m.]

Yeah~. So, spill the tea, sis. *nails being painted emoji*

To: TurtleWon [7:05 p.m.]

There is no tea. I simply sprained my ankle and he offered to take me home. That's it.

From: TurtleWon [7:05 p.m.]

Really?

To: TurtleWon [7:05 p.m.]

Yes, really.

From: TurtleWon [7:06 p.m.]

But, Hoseok says otherwise. He said that there was something going on between you two...

To: TurtleWon [7:07 p.m.]

Well, there isn't. If there was, I would tell you guys. Besides...I don't know if I am ready to date someone right now...Not after what happened with him.

After I sent that last text, I dropped my phone onto my bed and rolled over to face the other side of my room. Soon enough, my walls came coming down and those memories that I had tried my best to lock away came spilling out once again.