Facing The Family

Astrid's P.O.V.

After lunch with the band, Hiccup and I took Amber back to our Aunt's house. Also, so I could show mom and our Aunt the ultrasound. I don't think my father wants to see it.

We pull into the driveway and I sit in the car while Amber gets out. Hiccup stops and looks at me while I'm staring out the window, at the house. He closes his door and grabs my hand, squeezing it.

"You're gonna be okay." He says. I look at him and give him a slight smile. "Don't worry, I'll be with you. I won't let him hurt you." He gives me a peck on the lips before getting out of the car and walking over to my side.

He opens my door and holds out a hand with a slight bow. I giggle and take it, wrapping my fingers around his hand. "Thank you." I giggle.

"You're welcome. Now come on, let's head inside. I'm sure your family wants to see you." He helps me out of the car and shuts the door. I hold the envelope with the ultrasound in my left hand and look at it.

"You two lovebirds coming?" I look up to see Amber by the front door, holding the handle.

"Yea, yea, we're coming." I say. I grab Hiccup's hand and we walk to my sister. We stand next to her and she opens the door.

We walk in and follow Amber to the lounge, where my family is. When we walk in, I see Aunt Elizebeth sitting on her chair whle my parents sit on the couch. My Aunt looks over at us and her eyes widen with joy.

"Astrid!" She gets up from her chair and runs over to me. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a hug. "Oh, I've missed you!" She says.

I'm shocked at first but then return it. I wrap my arms around her and place my head on her shoulder. "I've missed you too!"

She pulls away and holds me at arms length. She looks me up and down and smiles. "Oh, look at you! You're going up to be such a wonderful young lady!"

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"Astrid!" I look past my Aunt to see my mother walking over to us. My Aunt steps to the side and my mother takes her place. She smiles small as she hugs me. I close my eyes and hug her back. "I've missed you so much!" I hear sniffle.

I pull away and look at her. "Are you crying?" I ask.

She wipes whatever tears are on her face and looks at me. "Well, how can I not? I see my daughter one day then don't see her for a month. That's after 18 years!" She explains.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize.

"Why are you apologizing?" She asks.

"Because I never came to visit you since Hiccup got out of the hospital." I feel a small tear fall down my cheek.

"It's okay princess, (My mother calls me that) you had a reason for it. I would've done the same thing." She places her hands on my cheeks and wipes my tears away. She hugs me again and looks behind me. "Is that Hiccup? I don't think I've offically meet him."

I pull away and look behind me to see Hiccup standing in the door way. "Yea, that's him." I smile at him softly and he smiles back.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Hiccup. I'm Ingrid, Astrid's mother." She holds out a hand for him to shake.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Hofferson." He takes her hand and places a soft kiss on the top.

"Such a gentlemen!" My mother gasps. "And by the way, call me Ingrid."

"Of course." He lets go of her hand and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Arn't they cute together sis?" My Aunt asks my mother.