Baby Talk

Hiccup's P.O.V.

"We need to do something for our fans Jack, they've been with us for everything." I talk to Jack over the phone. Astrid sits next to me so I can't tell Jack the real reason.

"I know, but doesn't it seem like a little much?" Jack asks.

"It's just a song, that's all." I reply.

"What about the rest? Will she be able to sing? Even with the kid?" He asks.

"Yes." I glance over at Astrid to see her reading her book. "Yes, she will."

"Okay, but do you want the fans to know about you guys becoming parents?"

"They're gonna find out soon anyways. Plus Astrid and I talked about this, she wants to." I say as I pull into the hospital parking lot.

"Okay, if you say so." He gives in.

"I do say so. No I have to go, I'll talk to you later." I say turning the car off.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I hang up and put the phone in my pocket. I look over at Astrid to see her starring at the hospital. I grab her hand and squeeze it. "You ready?" I ask.

She takes a deep breath than looks at me. "Yea." She smiles and I smile back.

"Let's go." We get out of the car and walk hand in hand through the hospital doors. We walk to the front desk to see a lady somewhere in her 40s typing on the computer.

She looks up and spots us. She stops typing and looks up at us. "Can I help you?" She asks.

"We have an appointment with Dr. Foster." I say.

"Okay, patients name?" She asks.

"Astrid Hofferson." I reply.

"Okay, just take a seat. He'll get you when he's ready." She replies with a smile.

"Thank you." We thank her and head to waiting room. We sit down on a two seater and I wrap my arm around Astrid.

It's been about a month and a half now since Astrid's been pregnant. We're here to see how well the kids doing. I wonder what the gender is. I kinda hope it's a girl, so she's as beautiful as her mother. If we had a boy, I just hope he's not as small as I was.

I pull Astrid closer and kiss the top of her head. She rests her head on my shoulder and plays with my fingers. I lay my head on top of hers and watch her.

"You excited?" I ask.

"Yea, you?" She asks back.

"Very. I can't wait to see what our kid looks like." I say, intertwining our hands.

"They're not going to be very big, it's just starting out." She chuckles.

"I know, but I'm excited. I hope she looks like you." I kiss her nose, making her giggle.

"We don't even know the gender yet." She laughs.

"Well, I hope it's a girl." I kiss her forehead.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because she'll be as beautiful as you." I smile and kiss her lips.

"Well, I want a boy." She says.

"And whys that?" I ask.

"So he could be like you." She says.

"Why do you want him to be like me?" I wonder.