Mystery Girl

Hiccup's P.O.V.

After rehearsal, we went to the park. The whole band was there, Astrid even called up Ruff so she could meet us here.

We were sitting in a circle around the lake, waiting for Ruff. Jack and Elsa were next to each other, very closely. Punzie was on her drawing pad drawing, while Astrid and I were cuddled in a blanket, trying to keep warm.

It's the last week of November, and it's getting chilly. It snowed a bit but, we don't mind. We always head to the park in this weather. For some reason, it feels nice.

About 20 mins later Ruff showed up, bundled in a leather jacket and fur boots. She also had a blanket in her hands along with a cappuccino from Starbucks.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late! My brother was being annoying so I had to buy him a cup of coffee from Starbucks." She says taking a seat next to Punzie.

"That explains the cappuccino in your hand." Jack explains.

"So," Ruff looks around. "Where's Astrid?" She asked.

"I'm right here." She pokes her head out from under the blanket. She hugs my arm and lays her head on my shoulder. The only person who could see what she's doing would be me because she's still under the blanket.

"Why you over there?" She asks.

"I-I'm cold." She responds.

"Hmmm, okay!" Ruff says before turning her head to everybody else.

"That was weird. I'm surprised she didn't ask why I was huddle with you." Astrid whispers in my ear, only load enough for me to hear.

"Hmm, I don't know." I whisper back, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"So, Astrid said that you wanted to talk to me about something?" Ruff asks.

"Yes, we did." Punzie replies.

"Okay........So what is it?" Ruff asks.

"Well, we've heard that you play base guitar. Is that true?" Jack begins.

"Yes."

"Have you ever been in a band?" He continues.

"Nope."

"Have you ever playing in front of anybody before?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Astrid."

"Anybody else?"

"Nope."

"Do you get stage fright?"

"Hell no! What type of question is that?" Ruff asks.

"You'll see soon, so do you?" Jacks says again.

"Nope." Ruff says popping the 'P'.

"Okay, one last question. Do you want to be in a band?" Jacks asks this very suspiciously.

"YES! It's been my dream to be in a band!" Ruff squeals.

"Okay! You're in! Welcome Ruff, to 'The Big 5'!" Jack speaks like a game show host.

"You know, I think we should change the name." Elsa says, tapping her finger against her chin.

"What do you mean Els?" I ask her.

"Well, now we have 6 members in the band. And it would be weird to be called 'The Big 5' with an extra person." She points out.

"You're right. Then what are we gonna be called?" I ask.