Concert For The Kids

Astrid's P.O.V.

It's been almost a week since Hiccup has been in the hospital. He's been given a prophetic for his leg. He's able to walk, but he struggles. I've been here every single day and night. Elsa's been doing the same with Jack.

Jack has a broken arm and a couple scar that have been healing. He gets released today. He says he's gonna visit us before he leaves.

I've also been feeling kinda sick lately. I've been having morning sickness and I've been getting dizzy. I also have these strange cravings. Hiccup suggests that I should go talk to a doctor. I agree under one condition, he comes with.

I'm seeing the doctor today, since I'm here I can just ask if they can give me a check up. They agree and let me stay in Hiccup's room. I sit on Hiccup's bed and cuddle with him till the doctor comes.

We hear a knock at the door before the doctor enters. "Morning Hiccup. Morning Astrid." He greets.

"Morning doc." Hiccup replies.

"So Astrid, you've been saying that you've been feeling ill lately?" He asks.

"Yes." I nod my head as Hiccup holds my hand.

"Can you list off the symptoms again?" He asks, sitting down in a chair.

"Dizziness, morning sickness, and strange cravings." I list them off for him.

"Okay, I'm gonna ask you some personal questions alright? You don't have to answer if your not comfortable." He explains.

I nod my head and he starts asking questions.

"When was the last time you had your period?" He asks.

"A few weeks ago, I was supposed to have it a couple of days ago." I explain.

"Okay. Have you had any sexual contact in the past couple of weeks?" He asks.

I slowly nod my head and answer the question. "Yes, about a week ago. But we were wearing protection."

"Protection doesn't always work. It works about 95% of the time. Alright, now, I'm gonna need to take a blood test. So, just wait here and someone will come in to take a sample." He explains.

"Alright." He leaves the room as closes the door behind him. I start to get worried.

What if I actually am pregnant? What would Hiccup do? Would he leave me? What if I'm not ready to have a child?

All these questions keep popping into my mind as Hiccup wraps an arm around me. I calm down a bit and lean my head onto his shoulder as a nurse comes in.

She takes a needle and sticks it into my arm. I keep my gaze on Hiccup because I can't stand needles. When she's done, she puts a bandage on it and walks out of the room, leaving us alone again.

"What if I'm actually pregnant?" I ask.

"Then I'll be by your side and help you take care of them." He answers, looking at me.

"Would you leave?" I ask quietly.

"What? No! Astrid, I love you to much to leave you alone with a child, especially when it's mine. I'm gonna be with you the whole way. I'll love you and this child." He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask, tears streaming down my cheeks.

He takes my hand and kisses the promise ring he gave me. "I gave you this ring for a reason. I'm promising you my love and staying with you forever, and I will not break that promise because of an accidental pregnancy. I'm yours and only yours. I'm not gonna leave because of somebody else." He tilts my head up and gently kisses me on the lips. "I'm never going to leave you Astrid. I love you to much to ever do that."