Houses and News

Astrid's P.O.V.

Hiccup and I are touring a house before my appointment. It's a 2 story with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an office, a basement, a 2 car garage, and a big backyard. Our budget is $675,000. The cost of this house is $200,000 under our budget at $475,000.

We walk up stairs and find all the bedrooms, The master is the biggest with a walk-in-closet and it's own bathroom. The other three rooms range from largest to smallest. The smallest bedroom is as big as your average small room, the second smallest is just a few feet bigger. And the largest is about 5 feet bigger than the smallest room. So they range.

The basement is huge! We'd be able to have a play area for the baby and a recording studio for the band. There's an office space on the first floor that Hiccup could use as his drawing room. I remember him telling me that he wanted a room where he could go and draw. The kitchen isn't to modern and isn't to old, it's the perfect mixture. There's a fireplace in the living room and a big window that let's in enough light to fill the space.

Each room is a great size. They're all spacous and still is if we put furniture in. I fall in love with the house even more as we tour it. It was a great price and had everything we were looking for! It was perfect!

"So, what did you think of the house?" Hiccup asks me as enter the front room.

"I think it's absolutly perfect for us! It has everything we're looking for and it's a great price." I smile.

"I agree. I think it's perfect too. We'd be able to raise a wonderful family here." He smiles back and kisses my forehead. "How about we put in an offer and see what they say. That work?"

"Yes!" I squeal.

He chuckles, "Come on, let's go talk to the realtor." (did I spell that right?)

"Okay!" He wraps his arm around my shoulders and we head back to talk to the real-estate agent.

~~Time Skip~~ (I'm lazy :P)

Hiccup pulls into the parking lot and parks the car. He gets out and walks around the car, opening it for me. He extends a hand and slightly bows, "M'lady?"

"Thank you." I giggle and take his hand.

I get out of the car and we walk to the hospital doors. We head inside and head to the desk to sign in. We check in and take a seat in the waiting room. I place a hand on my stomach and start rubbing it slowly. Hiccup takes the other hand and kisses the top of it. I smile and rest my head on his shoulder. He puts an arm around me while he holds my right hand with his.

"I can't wait." He says.

"Can't wait for what?" I ask.

"I can't wait to find out what the gender of our child is. I've been wanting to know what gender it's going to be." He smiles.

I giggle, "What do you want the gender to be?"

"I've told you before haven't I?" He asks.

"Maybe, but I want a refresher." I smile.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Okay, I want a girl." He smiles.

"Why a girl?" I ask.

"So she can be as beautiful as you." He pokes my nose with his finger, making me giggle.

"Well, I want a boy." I smile.

"Why's that?" He asks.

"So he can be just like you." I rub my nose against his and see him faintly blush. I pull away and giggle.