CHAPTER 48

CHAPTER 48

JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V.

A few minutes passed and the door opened once more but this time it revealed the people we were waiting for and before I can stop myself, I stood up from my seat and threw a punch in that guy's face sending him flying down to the floor. "Jungkook-ssi!" I heard Mae Noona yelled in shock but I ignored her. "How dare you kiss her?" I asked through gritted teeth as I grabbed the collar of his shirt but Manager Sejin and Manager Hobeom immediately grabbed me and pulled me away from him. 

"Jungkook-ah, please calm down." Bang PD-nim approached us and stood in the middle. I am seething in anger. How dare that man who is already married kiss Mae Noona? Is he aware of the implications of his actions? 

"You have no right to do that to her." I muttered through gritted teeth. Jaden looked at me and smirked which irritated me more. I really want to punch him one more time but then Mae Noona suddenly ran to his side and helped him stand up and it pissed me off but I don't know what else to do but then I remembered Mae Noona's letter. I balled my hand into fists as I broke away from our manager's grasp. "Jungkook-ssi, please no more hitting." Manager Sejin pleaded as he stood in front of me to stop me from attacking. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Jungkook-ssi, we didn't come here to make a scene. I came here to help fix the issue." Mae Noona explained as she looked at all the other people inside the room. "What issue? The reason why you left me in the first place or the current issue wherein another scandal broke out again because those people started writing articles about you and me again?" I asked. She froze as she looked at me. "I got your letter." I explained while looking at Bang PD-nim dejectedly. "A few minutes ago and I just don't understand why you made a decision on your own. You are quite selfish on that part, aren't you?"  I asked with a hoarse voice. I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes.

"Look, Jungkook-ssi, past is past. Can you forget about it and just focus on the current one?" Mae Noona asked with a stoic expression. I shook my head as I pulled out the letter from my pocket. "Do you really think you did me a favor?" I asked. Mae Noona bowed her head for a few minutes before she looked at me with a flat expression. "Can we not talk about the past here Jungkook-ssi? It's already over. Please move on. We both have our own lives now." She muttered but again I shook my head. No, I can't let it go. Does she even know how broken I was when she left? Did she knew how painful it was to wake-up everyday without seeing her smile? Only God knows how I missed her ever single day since she left.

"Jungkook-ah," I felt a hand on my shoulder and so I looked up and saw Bang PD-nim shaking his head at me. "We have matters to discuss. Maybe you can talk with Miss Mae later, privately, to settle some things." Bang PD-nim suggested. I looked at Mae Noona who was looking at me solemnly. I wonder what she is thinking about. "Miss Mae," Bang PD-nim then turned to look at Mae Noona. "Maybe we can start our discussion, now?" Bang PD-nim suggested as she pointed at the empty seats on the conference table. Mae Noona didn't reply and what she did next utterly surprised us all.

Mae Noona suddenly knelt to the ground and bowed to us. "Please forgive me for causing another problem towards Jeon Jungkook-ssi and your company." She apologized. No one responded because we were utterly shock with her action which rendered us speechless. I recovered first and so I walked over to where she is and pulled her up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked in irritation. She looked at me now with tears in her eyes which made my heart melt. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come back here." Her apology left me confused and I felt like a salt was added to my wound. "So you never wanted to come back and see me again in the first place?" I asked in disbelief. So, if I didn't see her accidentally in that hotel I wouldn't be able to meet her again? I scoffed as a tear fell from my eyes but I immediately wiped it away. I don't believe her. Doesn't she love me anymore?