CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

MAE's P.O.V.

I woke up smelling the familiar scent of my fabric conditioner. My eyes flied open and I sat up straight in my bed to look around. I noticed that I am already inside my room. How did I even get in here? The last thing I remembered was sitting on a bench in Haneul Park with Jung Kook. My mind was busy wondering what really happened when Jenni knocked into my room.

"Come In." I hollered.

"Hey!" She greeted me with a weird smile on her face .

"Hey Yourself! Why are smiling like that? You look weird." I replied with a throaty voice. Maybe its because I just woke up. I stood up from my bed to go the bathroom when suddenly I felt a little dizzy. I sat back on my head and felt my head. Wait, am I running a fever? My forehead feels hotter than usual.  I saw my tumbler on my bedside table, I grabbed it and took a sip, thankfully it still has water on it. My throat feels rough and dry. 

"Are you okay, Mae?" Jenni asked worriedly as she sat beside me. 

I looked at her and pouted. "I am not sure." I replied with a husky voice. She sighed before she reached out to touch my forehead. After a while she touched hers and that's when she made a face. "You're sick." She announced. I sighed in despair. I raised my palm and looked at her. "Do you still have some paracetamol?" I asked. She nodded her head before she stood up and went to her drawers. A few seconds later she  is giving me a tablet of paracetamol and a glass of water.

"Thank you! You are such an angel." I smiled at her in appreciation. 

"No problem." She replied as she patted my head like a child. "I guess you have to skip work today." She announced and I immediately felt panic. No! I can't miss a day of work. I don't want to waste the chance of earning money. "No! I am still going to work. I am sure that my fever will go down in a few minutes." I retorted which made her frown. "Mae." She called my name like scolding me which made me smile. She reminded me of my mama. "I am fine. I just need a few minutes to process the medicine." She didn't respond. After a few minutes she sighed before she stood up and went towards the door. "Where are you going?" I asked curiously. "To the kitchen. I need to cook some breakfast." She replied dryly. My mouth formed a small "o" and nodded. She was about to step out when she suddenly halted and turned around to face me with a scrutinizing gaze. I wonder what is wrong?

"So what's with you and Jung Kook?" Jenni suddenly asked out of nowhere. I frowned with the question. What does she mean by that? 

"What do you mean? There is nothing between me and Jungkook. Why do you ask?" I asked curiously. She remained silent as if she fell into deep thinking and that made me ask another question. "Jenni, do you perhaps have any idea on how I got back here?" She paused and looked at me with a smirk. "He brought you in by carrying you on his back. Isn't he the sweetest?" She clapped her hands and looked at me with dreamy eyes. "Where have you two been anyway? Perhaps you two were--" I held out my hand to stop her from talking because she is not making any sense.

I tilted my head sideways and looked at her curiously. "Who is he?" I asked. Her jaw suddenly dropped open as if she can't believe I am asking that question. She recovered from her shock as she rolled her eyes at me and answered. "Who else do you think? Who were with you last night? Duh!" She replied sarcastically and that made me fell like I was punched in the stomach. "No way." I muttered in disbelief and looked at Jenni who is nodding her head with a weird smile. "Why would he do that?" I asked in a whisper. I looked at Jenni who shrugged before she went out.

"I will be at the kitchen. Hurry up, you have to eat the breakfast I made before we go out." Jenni shouted from the other side of the door.

"Okay! I will be there in five minutes." I shouted back as I tried to process the information I learned. Why did Jungkook have to do that? She could've just woke me up. I felt my heart skipped a beat with the thought of him carrying me on his broad back but I immediately shook it off. I need to stop making ideas.