CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

MAE's P.O.V.

As soon as we arrived in our hotel room, I immediately unpacked my white blouse and black pencil cut skirt that I will use later. I scrunched my nose when I noticed that some parts of my clothes are already wrinkled. I looked around the room in search for an iron but unfortunately there was none.

"Jenni, did you bring an iron?" I asked Jenni who was already taking a shower. There was no answer. I guess she didn't hear me and so I went to the bathroom and knocked. "Jenni?" I called her. "Yes?" I heard her answer after turning off the shower. "Do you have an Iron?" There was a pause before she answered "Yes." I took a deep breath before asking again. "Can I borrow ?" I asked again. "Sure." She answered as came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. I followed her to her suitcase and and then she handed me a hair straightener iron. I looked at her with a blank expression.

"I mean Iron for clothes?" I said as I pointed at my wrinkled clothes lathered on my bed. Her mouth formed a small "o" as if finally grasping the situation. "Oh! I'm sorry but I didn't bring one." She replied with an apologetic smile. I smiled back as I just scratched my head in frustration. "It's alright. It's not your fault." I replied as I walk towards the phone in our room.

Maybe I can borrow one from the hotel. I dialed the front desk and asked if I can borrow an iron but unfortunately, the staff said that they don't have one at the moment but they recommended a laundry shop nearby where they offer services like ironing of clothes for a cheap price. As soon as I heard "cheap price", I immediately withdrew the thought. I can't afford extra expenses in this trip. I thanked them for their help before I ended the call. I heaved a deep sigh. I guess I must deal with it, in any case it will be covered by a black trench coat anyway since it's cold outside.

After taking a shower and hanging my clothes, I checked the contract I prepared before I came here and reread every line. I hope I didn't miss anything. I don;t want anyone to get lost in translation. I really pray that everything goes well with this transaction. I don't want to disappoint my boss or worse get fired.

"Hey, Jenni, what do you think about Big Hit Entertainment, do you think Mr. Bang is easy to deal with?" I voiced out my curiosity as I looked up from reading the contract and saw Jenni already sleeping soundly. I yawned and put the contract aside as I went to my bed. I I also need to sleep now. I need to have energy to face Bang PD-nim and maybe I could also meet BTS. My excitement turned sour when I remembered what happened earlier at the airport. I shook my head. No! I should not take that against them. They are good people. I know that since I've been a fan for a very long time now.  Maybe, they were just caught up in a frenzy and so they have no choice but to ignore me. Right! I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep but I feel so nervous and excited. I can already feel my heartbeat racing. I shook my head and reminded myself the real reason why I am here. I am here for business and not for pleasure. I must not do anything wrong. I must be very careful. This is an important transaction. I must prove to the company that I am an asset and not a liability.

I looked at the time on my wrist watch and it's only 8:00 A.M. I still have a lot of time before the meeting this afternoon. I need to sleep now to look fresh later. I will just have to set my alarm on my phone..... Wait a second! I hit my forehead with my palm as I remembered I lost my phone at the airport this morning! Now, how can I find it? Maybe I can go back to the airport later to look for it. I just pray that people over here have a good heart and that they will return it to the lost and found section. I really hate myself for being careless and clumsy sometimes.

I want to cry in frustration. I am still not done paying for that phone yet and it has a lot of important and memorable things! I wish I could find it again, and I really hope, whoever picked it up would respect my privacy, since it has no password protection, I hope they won't scroll through my gallery. I sighed. And then, I remembered my family. I need to talk to them. I guess, for the mean time, I'll have to use my laptop to communicate with them to tell them that we have arrived here safely, so that she will not be worried.