CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

MAE'S P.O.V.

I felt like the blood drained on my face when I saw my perpetrator's face. What the hell is he doing here anyway? 

"Oh my God! I am so sorry! I didn't know it was you. Are you okay?" I asked worriedly as I knelt beside him and helped him get up. I saw him pursed his lips as he stood up. I was helping him remove the dirt clinging on his clothes when I realized what I have just done. Did I really hurt Jeon Jungkook? Oh my God! How will I live after this? I hope nobody saw what happened. 

"Are you okay?" I saw the hand in front of me and when I looked up I was instantly mesmerized by his perfect features. How can a guy be this handsome up close without any make-up? I felt his hand held my elbow as he pulled me up. "Are you okay?" He asked again and that's when I woke up from my trance. 

"Ah, yes, yes... I'm okay." I replied as I took a step away from him since I noticed how close we are to each other. I can feel the heat burning in my cheeks and so I bowed my head to hide the reddening of my cheeks. Gosh! Who would've thought I would stand this close to my bias?

"Are you really okay? I am sorry I did that. I was just creeped out. I didn't know it was you. Why are you following me anyway?" I asked without looking at him. "Ah, yes! I'm okay. It's just that you dropped your wallet and I was about to give this to you." I was forced to look up to check if he really has my wallet and when I saw he was holding on to it. My eyes immediately lit up. 

"Oh, thank you!" I took with a grateful smile before I put my wallet securely to my bag. "Where are you going anyway? It's not safe for a young girl like you to be walking on the streets late at night here." He asked and I almost choked on my saliva. Me? A young girl? Since when? I tried to hide my happiness by being mistaken young before I looked at him and answered his question.

 "I am just going to buy myself dinner before I go home. And I am not young anymore Jung Kook-ssi, I am already 28, I am seven years older than you." I answered matter-of-factly. I saw his eyes grew wide in genuine surprise but after a few second he recovered. Do I really look that young? 

"Oh, I see. You are my Noona then." He replied with a little smile. I felt my heart flutter. He really looks cuter up close like this. I can feel my heart picking up its pace but I have to subdue it. I should not feel like this. I have to be more professional. "Yes, I am your Noona. Anyway, where are you going alone this late too? And why are you alone?" I asked as I look around wondering if there is a manager lurking in the shadows but I saw no one. Unbelievable, how could they let one of their most famous artist walk outside alone? 

"I am just going to buy some food too. We are currently rehearsing for Muster." He informed me. What? Did I hear him right? They are still practicing this late? "This late?" I asked with disbelief as I shook my head. I forgot how these idols work so hard to be perfect when it comes to their craft. "Never mind. Let's go then, before anyone else sees you." I suddenly realized how exposed he is right now. There could be paparazzi out there. I don't want him to be in trouble.  I walked towards the convenience store hoping the he is following me.

As soon as we arrived in the convenience store, I started picking up some cup noodles, some sausages, some bread, a bag of chips and a bottle of strawberry milk. I wonder what else I want. I looked at the things on my basket. I think I have everything I want. That will do. I was about to go to the counter when I noticed that Jungkook was still not picking anything.

"Aren't you going to buy?" I asked. He blinked at me before he started moving. I tilted my head in curiosity. I wonder what he is thinking. I shrugged it off and went to the counter to pay for my foods. I waited for Jungkook to finished at the side. He filled one basket then put it at the counter and then left. He did that three times.