CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

MAE's P.O.V.

I was pulled back by my dilemma when Jenni called me to come closer to them. "Mae, where is the contract?" She asked me and that shook me. "Oh, the contract, wait-" I rummaged my shoulder bag for the contract and handed it over to her. "Thank you!" She replied and then she handed the contract to our boss. They had a few exchanges of words before Mr. Kim proceeded to go to the elevator and Jenni came back to me. "Is there something wrong?" I asked quite baffled as to why our boss left us with the contract in his hand. "It will be a private meeting or Mr. Kim and Mr. Bang. We just have to wait here in the lobby." Jennie announced as she led me towards the couches at the corner of the lobby. I followed her while I fell in deep thought. I don't understand. I thought I will be needed for the interpretation and translation of things. If I was not needed, then why am I here? 

I want to ask Jenni in case she knows what is exactly happening but she was busy scrolling through her iPad with completely ignoring me. I sighed and brought out my phone to check in case I something is missing. I just opened my gallery when the first picture I saw took my breath away. "What the f-" I almost blurted an expletive but I immediately covered my mouth with my hand. Jenni then looked at me with a questioning look. I shook my head and went back to my phone. Why does my phone have a picture of Jungkook lying on his bed? Did he take it himself? Why? I am dazed and confused. Wait a minute! Does that mean that he scrolled through my gallery. I gasped in horror.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Jenni asked concernedly. I looked at her and made a fake smile and nodded before I stuffed my phone inside my bag. This is getting worse than I've imagined. How do I face him now? This is so embarrassing!

After 30 minutes Mr. Kim came back with a huge smile on his lips. "We got it! Mr. Bang agreed to the contract and signed it immediately!" Our boss looks genuinely happy. I felt somehow relieved. Yes, finally our job is done. We can go back home now. "Congratulations Mr. Kim!" Jenni and I said in unison, but Mr. Kim just shook his head. "No, it's you who should be congratulated. Job well done Ms. Ramirez. You did a good job in translating the details, Mr. Bang was even impressed by your skills." Mr. Kim looked so proud.

Heat suddenly rises on my cheeks. I am not used to being complimented like this.  I"Thank you, sir!" I replied. He tapped my shoulder before he turned around and walked towards the elevator. Jenni and I exchanged looks and wondered what to do. Jenni shrugged her shoulders and followed our boss towards the elevator and so I did the same. I wonder where we are going now. "So, boss, when will we go home?" I asked curiously while we were riding the elevator. I can't wait to tell my parents the good news. I know they will be proud. "Is it tonight or tomorrow?" I asked with a smile.

"Maybe next week? Or the week after next week? Or next month? I am not sure. It depends. Mr. Bang and I decided to work right next to each other so that our job in promoting BTS around the globe will be easier. He said that we can make our office in one of their vacant rooms in this building for the time-being." Mr. Kim looked so enthusiastic while I am in a super shocked mode. My smile faltering. My parents didn't know about this. I am not sure about this either. I can't stay away from home for too long. I thought it would only be couple of days, not weeks or even months. I know that this is a dream come true for an ARMY like me but, I still have other worries to think about. How about my mom and my dad? Should I leave, or should I stay? 

There was only silence inside the elevator. I glance at Jenni and she seems like lost in thought too. I wonder what she is thinking about right now. The elevator door opened and so he got out. We were following our boss when he suddenly stopped walking and faced us.  "How about you two go shopping in Myeongdong? It's still early. You two can have fun and explore the city, I will meet you tonight at 9:00pm at the hotel lounge for dinner." Jenni and I just looked at each other in disbelief and confusion. I guess Jenni also have no idea with what is going on. There is something our boss isn't telling us.