CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25

MAE's P.O.V.

I woke up with a heavy feeling. I can't forget what Miss Anna said last night. It's a wake up call actually, a reminder that him and I will never happen. There will be no relationship between us except idol and fan and in my case as their staff. I can't help but release a deep sigh as I drag my body to the bathroom to get myself ready. It's our second day here in Los Angeles for the boys' concert and I don't think my body has adjusted with the time. I still feel extremely tired. I only had two hours of sleep. I stare at my reflection in the mirror and noticed the dark circles around my eyes. I look like a zombie. My frizzy hair is standing in every direction and looks like new pimples are coming out. I sighed in distress. I really look ugly. What am I even worried about? It's as if someone like Jeon Jungkook would fall in love with me. I should just forget about him and focus on my work. I need to finish my job well so that I can go home soon.

My day officially started when Ms. Anna called and ordered me to drop by at the nearest Starbucks to get some drinks. I really wondered how I was able to carry 10 cups of various drinks on my own. I sighed deeply as I got on the bus.

After 3 bus stops, I finally arrived at the nearest Starbucks Coffee shop. I sighed when I saw the long line of customers. After almost thirty minutes of waiting in line, I finally reached the counter. "Hi! Good morning! What could I get you?" The person on the counter asked with a huge smile on her lips. Instead of answering, I brought out my phone and handed it to her. She took it with a doubtful smile. "What name should I put on the cup then, Miss?" I paused for a moment and think. "Ahm, can you just write whatever was in that message." I replied while pointing at the phone she was holding. She looked at the phone and nodded. "No problem, Miss." She replied. "Thank you." I replied. The lady entered all the order on the machine. My eyes went wide when I saw the total amount to pay. "That would be 57,563.15." I felt my heart skipped a beat. I immediately checked my wallet to get my credit card because I don't have sufficient cash. "Can you charge it all here?" I asked. She smiled at me kindly as she took the card from my hand. "Sure." She replied. I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the transaction was completed. "Here. Thank you for using your card. Please wait for the call from our barista to pick up your order." I nodded and took my card. After a few minutes, all my orders are finished. "Please, be careful. It's hot." The barista warned. I smiled and nodded as I picked up the ten cups of coffee.

I walked carefully on the street. When I finally entered the elevator of the building where the shoot will take place, I released a sigh of relief. "Oh, finally she's here!" I heard one of the female staff announced the moment I entered the waiting room.

"Caramel Macchiato, Cappucino, Vanilla Latte, Mocha Frappe..." I was busy handing coffee to some of the staff when my phone starts ringing. I put the remaining cup of coffees on the table nearby and went out to answer the phone. I look at the screen and I saw my brothers name on it. I felt my heart skip a beat. My brother doesn't usually call unless there is an emergency. I nervously tapped the answer button. "Hello, Is there something wrong?" I asked nervously. "Mae..." He trailed off. My brows furrowed. "What? What is it? What happened? Is everyone okay?" I can feel my anxiety arising. "It's dad! He is sick and is currently in the hospital." I felt myself shaking. "Did he have another stroke? How is he?" My voice broke on my last question. I am trying hard to hold back my tears. "No, it's not stroke Noona. He was having an on and off fever for the last three days, the doctor said that it is possible that it's Dengue fever." I paused as I fight a sob. "Dengue Fever? How is his platelet count?" I asked as I wiped a tear that escaped my eyes. I need to calm down or else I won't be able to think straight. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"They said it's below normal so the Doctor advised that he should be admitted to the hospital for close observation." I closed my eyes and prayed to the God above that he can make it. I hope that it will not get worse. "Mae," My brother's voice become hesitant and worried. "Yes, what is it?" I encouraged him to go on. "What about the hospital bills? I don't think we have enough money for that." I bit my lips and started chewing on my nails. "Don't worry about the bil. I will take care of it." I assured him, I hope my savings is enough to cover all the medical expenses. I don't care if there will be nothing left for me what is important is that my father will get well soon. "Who is that Jojo? Is that Mae?" I heard my mom's voice in the background. I heard some rustle. "Hello, Mae." My mom's sad voice came on the line, and I felt my heart being ripped into pieces. I missed them. "How are you? I wish you are here, love." I closed my eyes and felt my tears fall began to fall again.