CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 34

MAE's P.O.V.

I was struggling, barely breathing, drowning in a pool of water. The image of my family and Jeon Jungkook flashed through my mind. Am I ready to go and leave my family? Am I ready to go without experiencing real happiness with the one I love? Is this the end of me? I am slowly succumbing to darkness when I felt someone grabbed me by my waist and pulled me out of the water. The moment my head went through the surface I began gasping for air. I thought my life will end here but luckily one of the life guard saved me. I was coughing my lungs out when I heard Jungkook's voice, "Are you okay?" he asked as he pat my back. I look up and saw worry written all over his face. This is the first time I saw someone aside from my family gets worried about me.

"I'm okay. Don't worry Jungkook-ssi." I answered in a raspy voice. Gosh! My throat hurts after all of the coughing. I saw relief on his face after I answered before he pulled me into a tight hug. I was frozen in shock then I heard the murmurs around us. That's when I realized that we are in public and a lot of people are watching us and so I pushed him away but he didn't completely let me go. "Jung Kook-ssi, people are watching." I whispered in his hear, hoping that he will realize the implication of his action, but he didn't budge. I am scared of what might happen. Who knows, someone could be recording this scene and will post it in their social media sites and that will be detrimental for his career.

"Jung Kook-ah! Let her go. She needs to breathe." I heard Jin ordered Jung Kook and thankfully he listened. I mouthed a small thank you to Jin as he nodded his head and smiled but I can see the anxiety and worry in his eyes.

"Noona, are you okay?" Jimin asked with concern. I never thought that these people will be worried about someone like me. I am touched and I feel grateful for the thought. I shook my head in response to Jimin's question as I stood up. I stumbled on my feet, my knees seem like it doesn't have enough strength to hold me up. I thought I am going to fall, but Jung Kook was fast enough to hold my waist to keep me steady. My breathing hitched with the close proximity. I suddenly felt conscious of our surroundings and how I look and so I tried to push him away again. "Yah, you are getting wet! Let go! I'm okay." But he is really stubborn.

"You almost drowned, you are not okay." He hissed and then suddenly everyone around us turned quite. "Let's go to your room, so that you can change before you catch a cold." The sincerity of Jung Kook's concern really warms my heart. I am slowly falling harder and deeper with this man, but unfortunately, I know it is impossible for us to be together. I need to get my senses straight! 

I looked with a resolute face. "No, it's okay. You still have a shoot. I can go by myself." I stated as I stepped away and bowed at him. I took that chance to escape his presence.  I half run half walk the way back to the hotel. I can see the people I pass by throwing me curious look. Honestly I couldn't blame them. I look like a mess for sure.

I stopped running once I entered the hotel lobby and slowly catch my breathe. I can hear people now murmuring while throwing weird glances at me. I know this is a bit embarrassing but what can I do? I just bowed my head and hid my face behind my hand as I tiptoed my way to my room. I was about to remove my wet pants when I felt something vibrate on my pocket. I pulled out my phone that was wrapped in plastic. I removed the plastic cover and answered the phone.

 "Noona," I heard my brother's stuffy voice on the other end of the line and my heart immediately clenched with fear. "Hello, Jojo! Why? What is wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked as my heart begins to palpitate. Different ugly scenarios starts playing in my head.

"It's Papa..." He stopped in mid-sentence. There was silence, I can only hear his sobs and the fast beating of my heart. "Why? What is wrong with papa?" I asked again as my voice begins to quiver. "Papa, he had a heart attack this morning....he is in ICU right now." I almost dropped my phone is shock. I can feel the energy left my body. Wait, I thought that he was already getting better from Dengue and now this?