CHAPTER 68

CHAPTER 68

MAE's P.O.V.

My fear vanished when I saw Jungkook's face in a screen a few feet away from me. I turned my whole body around to face him. He was awkwardly smiling while touching his ears. 

"Is it on already?" He asked someone who was probably holding camera. He cleared his throat as he look directly at the camera with the lopsided camera. "Noona," He started and I can feel my heart begin to race. "How are you?" He asked. I didn't answer as I remained focused on the screen right in front of me. "I hope you are okay." He continued before he looked away probably embarrassed of what he was doing. He bowed his head and for a few moments there was only silence. I took a few steps closer to the screen.

"Noona," He started out as he raised his head again with a small smile on his lips. "I'm sorry. I am really not a great talker." He apologized which made me smile because I completely understand him. I am like that, too. "First of all, I want to say sorry." He started which confused me. Why is he apologizing?

He paused as he licked his lips nervously. "I'm sorry, if I took too long to do this. I'm sorry if I didn't talked to you for a week now because I don't want to spoil the surprise. " He continued while smiling nervously. Surprise? What surprise? I turned my head from left to right trying to see through the darkness but due to my night blindness, I can barely see anything. "Do you still remember how we met each other?" He asked. My memory immediately traveled to the scene at the airport where I lost my phone. 

"Thanks to your clumsiness, I was able to pick-up your phone at the airport which led me to meeting you. Well, actually it's like the universe conspired for us to meet again the next day at the company." He smiled while telling his story. "And that day where you threw me on the ground," He chuckled as his eyes sparkled with happiness. "You left me speechless. And when you treated my wound, I knew right there and then, it is you. The way my heart fluttered when you carefully blew on my wound." He shook his head while smiling like an idiot. "I am blabbering. I'm sorry. I usually get lost in my thoughts." He looked away as he smiled while scrunching his nose. 

He scrubbed his face with his hands before he tapped both cheeks with his hand. His cheeks are not quite red with the friction. "Mae Noona, will you marry me?" He suddenly blurted out which made my eyes bulge in surprise. I turned to look around to see if someone will suddenly jump out of the blue and say it's a prank but I felt someone grabbed my hand. I gasped in shock when my eyes landed on the person that was a few moments ago inside the huge screen in front of me.

"Jungkook-ah!" I muttered. He pulled me in his tight embrace which made my eyes pool with tears. I carefully raised my hands to grab his jacket to make sure I was not dreaming. And when I touched his jacket, I closed my eyes as tears began to trickle down my face. God! I missed this man so much! 

"Noona, I miss you so much!" He whispered on my ears as he pulled me closer if that was even possible. "I missed you too!" I whispered back. After a few seconds he pulled away from me. He looked deep into my eyes and wiped my tears away. I watched him cluelessly as he carefully kneel on one knee as he brought out a red velvet box from his jeans. 

"Noona, do you trust me?" He asked sincerely as he stare deep into my eyes making me lost in my own thoughts. I smiled at him and nodded. "I wouldn't be standing here still if I don't trust you." I replied. He bowed his head as he cleared his throat and then he opened the red velvet box which shows a ring made of white white gold perhaps and a sparkling diamond on top. I honestly have no idea because I am not a fan of jewelries. "Miss Mae Ramirez, will you marry me?" He asked one more time.  I paused for a moment to give him a little anxiety to avenge the whole week that he didn't talk to me. I watch him nervously chew his lips when i felt like more than a minute passed, I slowly nodded. "Yes, I will marry you Mr. Jeon Jungkook." I answered. He excitedly put the ring on my finger before he pulled me for another hug as he twirled me around the room.