CHAPTER 61

CHAPTER 61

JUNGKOOK's P.O.V.

I leaned on the wall as I look at the ceiling above as I wait for any update on Mae Noona's condition. From the emergency room she was immediately transferred to the operating room. I am not a religious person but right at that moment I can't but pray to God to save Mae Noona. 

"Excuse me, sir." I heard a man's voice beside me. I turned to look and it was our chauffeur. He was handing a bag to me. "Sir, the phone inside the bag keeps ringing. It could be important." He explained. I dried the tears on my face and took the Mae Noona's bag from him. "And, this too, sir. This phone also kept on ringing." He handed me a phone from his pocket which I realized is mine. "Thank you." I muttered as I took the phone from his hands. "What should I do now? Should I wait for you outside or..." He drifted off probably not sure what to say. "I closed my eyes and sighed. You can go ahead. You can drop our things at our hotels. Thank you for your service." I stated. The chauffeur nodded his head and bowed but before he left he looked at me sadly. "I hope that your girlfriend can make through it." He said and then he left. A tear fell as I watch him walk away. I hope so. I really hope so. 

As I sat back down on the waiting chair, Mae Noona's phone started ringing. I took it out from the bag and looked at the number flashing on the screen. "Hello." I answered. "Why are answering Mae's phone?" Jaden asked from the other line. I looked at the room where the doctors and nurses are attending her and sighed as I tried to fight a sob. "She... she is.. I'm so sorry." I bowed my head as tears began falling again. "Hey, what is wrong? What happened to Mae?" He asked with a worried voice. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I decided to tell him what really happened. "We were at the airport and it was so chaotic and we didn't notice that someone stabbed her. We only noticed her bleeding profusely at the car while we are on our way to the hotel. She is now in the emergency room and the doctors and nurses are trying to save her. God! I am so sorry. I wasn't able to protect her." My voice started shaking at the end of my statement as the feeling of being scared and helpless washed over me. There was a moment of silence from the other end of the line before Jaden spoke again. "Where are you?" He asked and I told him the name of the hospital. "I will be there." He said and ended the call before I could even reply. I leaned on my knees and sighed as I look at the white wall in front of me.

I was staring into a blank space still praying that Mae Noona can make it when suddenly the door from the operating room opened and one of the nurses approached me. I bolted up from my seat and faced him. "Is there a problem?" I asked. "The patient needs to be transfused with Type A positive Blood however the lab said that they don't have enough blood to give. Perhaps you know some people who has the same blood type?" He asked in a rush. I immediately raised my hand and volunteered. "I have Type A positive blood type."  I replied. The nurse nodded. "Please follow me. This way, sir." He gestured and so I followed him inside the operating room. He made me change into a scrub suit and wear a gown before I lied down on a table. I didn't notice that it was beside Mae Noona until I turn my head sideways and saw her unconscious form with a tube attached on her mouth while the doctors and nurses where operating her. "Noona," I whispered. 

I felt something gripped my heart and my tears began to well again. "Sir, I am going to insert the needle now." I heard the nurse informed me. I simply nodded my head because I can't speak. It feels like there is a lump in my throat and it is getting harder to breathe. I glanced at Mae Noona and felt instant regret and guilt. If only I was able to protect her she won't be here.

I felt something pierced my skin and when I looked at it, a transparent tube is now attached on my arm and there is blood gushing out of it. "Hold this ball and press it to help the blood flow." I held the ball in my hand and did as I was told. A few moments later, there was a loud beeping sound coming from one of the machines and then everyone started panicking. "The patient is having an arrest, give 1 epinephrine via I.V. stat!" One of the doctors ordered. I looked at the bed beside me and then everyone is getting busy. "Okay, everyone clear!" There was a moment of silence before the machine continued making noise.