CHAPTER 60

JUNGKOOK's P.O.V.

Mae Noona immediately fell asleep on my shoulders even before the plane started taxiing on the runway. I held her hand tighter before I put it on my lips and closed my eyes praying that everything will be alright. I didn't realized that moment made me fall asleep.

I woke up when I felt being shaken. I looked around and realized that I am in a plane and that's when everything started sinking in. I looked at the seat beside me and it is now empty. I felt my heart jumped out of my chest in anxiety as I unbuckle my seatbelt and stood up to look for Mae Noona. I felt instant relief when I saw her coming out of the toilet and started walking towards me. 

"Hi! Did the turbulence wake you up?" She asked in a whisper as she took the empty seat beside me and buckled up again. I nodded my head in answer as I took her hand in mine again. "I thought you were gone." I answered back in a low voice as I closed my eyes and leaned on my seat. I opened my eyes and saw her looking at me incredulously as she pointed out the window. "Where could I go when we are ten thousand feet off the ground?" She replied with a subtle smile. 

I pouted as I looked at her. "I was disoriented and I though you were really gone.. again...." I mumbled. She then reached out her hand and touched my face as smile appeared on her lips. "I am here. I will go nowhere without you. I promise." She muttered him. Something warm spread inside my chest. I took her hand from my face and kissed her palm while looking at her eyes. "I love you." I professed. She looked at me endearingly. She opened her mouth and was about to say something but then the Pilot started speaking on the intercom. "Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."

I looked out the window and saw the city below us as I fasten my seatbelt. "Are you ready?" She asked. I turned my head to look at her with determination. "Always." I answered confidently. She smiled at me and nodded before she took a deep breath. "Me, too." She replied with a smile on her face although I could tell that there is fear in her eyes. She must be scared of what we are about to face when we get to the airport. I know! Because, honestly, me too. I leaned closer and kissed her lightly on her lips to get some strength for the both of us. "Don't worry. I will protect you. Trust me." I muttered while our forehead are still close to each other. She smiled and nodded. "I trust you," She whispered back and that gave me the strength that I need.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Local time is  11:45P.M. and the temperature is 32 degree Celsius.

For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. At this time, Cellular phones may only be used once the Fasten Seat Belt sign has been turned off.

Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you.

On behalf of Philippine Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice evening!"

One by one the passengers got off the plane while Mae Noona and I chose to stay behind to avoid the crowd. I can feel my hands began to sweat. As soon as the last passenger behind us passed by, I unbuckled my seat and went ahead to the aisle to reach for the cabin and get our things out. "I think I already got everything." I muttered more to myself before I closed the cabin door. I was about to carry all the bag but Mae Noona stopped me. "You carry yours and I will carry mine." She muttered. I looked at her confusedly. "Don't worry, I also work out at the gym sometimes." She whispered before she walked out of the plane ahead of me carrying all her bags. I smiled and shook my head as I watch her proudly. She is indeed one independent strong woman and that is one of the things I like about her.