CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

JUNG KOOK's P.O.V.

I thought finally, I could reach Mae Noona's feelings after we shared a kiss at the hotel but as soon as we landed in Guam, she felt farther away from me. I don't understand. I can feel that she is avoiding me and seeing him talking to another man irks the hell out of me. I can feel that there is something between Mae Noona and that guy. I want to talk to her and ask her about it but I simply don't know how especially when she keeps on avoiding me. I planned on talking to her last night but she didn't show up during dinner. I heard she fell asleep as soon as she arrived in their room and so I have no choice but to wait until today which is our schedule for a photoshoot for our upcoming Summer Package. And because my thoughts and feelings are a mess, I can't concentrate on my job. 

"Jung kook-ssi, please smile a bit more." Our official photographer instructed. I looked at the camera and raised the corners of my lips for a smile but after a few shots it seems like Director Lee isn't satisfied. I bowed my head in disappointment. I need to focus but how can I focus when I can see Mae Noona nearby and watching me.

"Guys, let's take a break!" Director Lee called out. I made another deep sigh before I walked to a nearby bench and sat down. The make-up artists and stylist immediately went over to me to re-touch my make-up and fix my clothes. I closed my eyes momentarily to keep my relax my mind. After a few seconds, I opened it again and saw Mae Noona holding a drink. "Aherm, Jung Kook-ssi, Iced Tea?" she offered the drink in her hand. I wasn't able to react at first. My mind suddenly went blank. What should I say so that she won't leave? 

When I noticed that she was about to turn to leave I hurriedly took the glass from her hand. And as soon as I took it, I knew she would flee and so I hurriedly put the glass beside me and held her hand to stop her from leaving. I saw how her eyes looked at me with anxiety as she tried to free her hand from my grasp but I only held tighter and ask her the question that has been bothering me since yesterday.

 "So who is he?" I asked. She stared at me for a while with a confused face before she looked around us.  "Who?" She asked back with a knotted forehead. I have no idea is she is truly confused by my question of she is playing dumb. I clicked my tongue before I looked at her with a frustrated expression.

"The guy you were talking at the reception desk yesterday at the lobby! Who is he?" I asked asked in a low whisper. Mae Noona sighed and tried to remove her hand from mine but I strongly refused. "Jung kook, please let go. People could see us!" She hissed while her eyes darted from here and there.

We are surrounded by a lot of people but I don't care what they will think or what they will say about me and her. I want my questions answered or I won't have my peace of mind for the coming days. "I won't let you go unless you tell me who he is." I stated stubbornly. I watch her bit her lip as she stared at me before she answered me with a glare. "Fine! He is my former classmate. Happy now?" I frown. I can feel that there is more to it. What is she not telling me?

 "Are you sure that's all? What's his name?" I asked suspiciously. I think that is not all. They clearly have a deeper relationship than that. "Why do you even care?" She asked sarcastically while raising an eyebrow at me. Is she seriously asking me that question after my confession in L.A.?

"Are you sure you want to know the answer, right here, right now?" I asked in a low voice and I saw the color drained in her face before she answered me with a serious expression. "His name is Jaden and that girl he was with is Cristina his wife." As soon as I heard the word wife, I felt instant relief. Good thing that guy us already married. "Happy? Now, let go!" She pulled her hand away. I still have no plans on letting her go unfortunately, my shoot is about to resume and so I have no choice. I watched Mae Noona's back as she walked away from me.