CHAPTER 66

CHAPTER 66

MAE's P.O.V.

"And then they looked deep into each others eyes as they each say their vows. You may now kiss the..." 

"Yah! What are you doing?" I almost fell from my seat in startle as I look at the intruder. My brows immediately furrowed as I returned to typing the words to continue my story. "What are you doing here? I shouldn't have given you an extra key here in my apartment." I muttered in annoyance as I continued typing. 

Yani suddenly closed my laptop and turned my seat to face her. "What are you doing?" I asked in irritation. "I need to finish this story by tomorrow or I will starve for the rest of the month." I explained. Yani suddenly laughed. "You will not starve. That I assure you." She said cryptically with a huge smile on her face. I stared at her for a few minutes before I looked back at my laptop and shook my head as I continued typing.

"How are you and Jungkook by the way?" She asked out of nowhere. My hand froze in mid-air while I felt something prick my heart. It's been days since we talked to each other. It's been exactly one week since I stopped receiving any calls and chats from him. I frowned and raised my eyebrow at her. "I don't know what you are talking about. Who is Jungkook?" I asked sarcastically which made her laugh more. "Why are you laughing?" I asked in irritation as I stood up from my chair to get a glass of water.

"Did you guys get into a fight?" She asked nosily. I looked at her but didn't answer. I honestly don't recall anything. After their concert here in the Philippines, we had a talk.

Flashback......

"Noona, please don't give up on us." Jungkook begged with tears in his eyes. I touched his face and looked deep into his eyes. "But what about your work? Your fans will be heartbroken if they will learn about us. What if your career gets damaged?" I asked worriedly. He shook his head and looked at me with an determination. "You know that no matter what happens I will choose you. I can announce about us right now if that is what you want." He stated seriously but I shook my head. "No, you can't do that. Your tour just started and I don't want to cause damage to you and to BTS. I don't want to hurt the people who cared a lot about you." A tear fell in my eyes as I put my forehead against his.

"Then what about us? What do you want to do?" He asked as he looked at me with as if suddenly he is lost. I stopped for a moment to think. "Then how about you finish what you guys just started." I suggested. His brows formed a tight knot. "What do you mean?" He asked. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Finish the tour. Finish everything that has already been planned even before we met. We can continue talking to each other through phone. There are a lot of communicating apps these days." I suggested with a smile on my face trying to make the situation light. Jungkook bowed his head. "But I want to be with you." He muttered. I smiled with his admission. "Me, too." I replied. "But as adults we both know that we also have responsibilities." I continued.

Jungkook suddenly pulled me into a hug which made me speechless. "I know. If I leave you now, will you promise me that you will never ghost me again? That you will wait for me?" He asked as he slowly pulled me away from his embrace to look me into my eyes. I stared at his eyes and saw the fear in them. I touched his face and nodded. "I promise. I will wait for you no matter how long it takes." I uttered with a smile.

His face slowly descended and our lips met for a swift kiss before he pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you, Mae Noona." He whispered in my ear which made my heart flutter. "I love you too, Jungkook-ah." I replied and hugged him tighter.

Present.......

"Did you guys get into a fight?" Yani asked again. "What did you do this time?" She accused. I looked at her quite offended. "Do I really look like the one to start a fight?" I asked with a scowl. "No, we did not fight. Satisfied?" I asked sarcastically. Yani suddenly pursed her lips and brought out her phone avoiding my eye. I shook my head and returned to my chair to continue working but before my butt could touch my chair she stopped me.