CHAPTER 41

CHAPTER 41

MAE's P.O.V.

After a few minutes of driving, we already found ourselves in front of one of the biggest TV networks here in Seoul, MBN. I look up at the building and let my jaw drop at the amazing infrastructure right in front of me. I know I've been here before but the place still amazes me. I wonder if I will be working with the same people as before when I was here with Miss Lee and.... I stopped thinking. I can't believe that I am going back to that memory again. I shook my head to regain my focus but I still can't help but think about him. It is impossible for us to meet today right?

I got out of the car with mixed feelings, anxiety and excitement but before I could close my door Jaden stopped me. "Mae, can you wait for me at the reception area? I just need to park the car." I looked back at him and then nodded. "No problem. I will meet you there." I saw him smile and did a little wave before he pulled out of the driveway and went to the underground parking lot. I was about to turn around to enter the building when suddenly a taxi stopped right in front of me with screeching tires that made me almost scream in fright but luckily I was able to stop myself. 

I closed my eyes and tried to calm my heart down but when I opened them I saw the person I was thinking a few moments ago and my heart could only beat faster. I blink twice just to make sure that I am not hallucinating. My jaw almost hit the floor in surprise. Are my eyes playing tricks on me? This can't be real! I closed my eyes one last time and was about to open them again when I felt someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him. I looked up to see the man I left two years ago. "Ya...yah! Let me go! Where are even taking me?" I asked when I finally found my voice to speak. He simply looked at me but didn't respond as he continued pulling me to only God knows where. "Yah! Jeon Jungkook-ssi!" I hissed as I tried pulling my hand from his grip and looking around for anyone who could see us. I don't want him to be caught in another scandal because of me.

Jungkook suddenly stopped walking and faced me with a grim expression. I suddenly forgot how to breathe the moment I finally get a good look of his features. He looks completely different than before. His hair is now long and wavy. His jaw line became sharper than before and I can see some tattoos in his hand and his eyes, they don't look as sparkly as before. What happened to him in these past two years?

"So, I guess you still know me." He muttered as he look at me with a stoic expression before he smiled drily at me. I want to answer back, "Of course, I still know you! How can I forget the only guy I have loved these past few years." but I restrained myself. I can feel my conscience eating me. I feel guilty for leaving him but it wasn't entirely my fault. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as I fight the tears that are threatening to form in my eyes. 

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked with a shaky voice. I waited for him to say something more but he kept his mouth close and then he grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me with him again towards the lobby of the building. 

"Yah! Are you losing your mind? What do you think you're doing Jeon Jungkook-ssi?" I asked in a whisper. I wonder what is on his mind. I looked around and saw some people are now looking at our direction curiously.

"Yah! Where are we going? People might see us." I hissed as I tried to remove his hand from mine while my eyes roam around the lobby but his grip only became tighter. I bowed my head as low as possible and hid my face behind my hand. He looked at me but didn't say anything as if he isn't bothered by our situation at all. We finally made a stop when we reached the elevator. Luckily, there are only the two of us. Wait, that is not lucky! I can feel the tension between us. I pulled my hand from his grip but he just wouldn't let me go as if I could go somewhere else when we are currently inside the elevator. I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts.