CHAPTER 55

CHAPTER 55

MAE's P.O.V.

I saw how Jungkook's smile faltered when I pushed him away. "I shouldn't have come here." I heard him mutter before he turned around to walk away. I felt instant guilt with what I have done. At the moment, I really hate myself. I have done nothing but cause him pain. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered through the winds hoping that somehow my apology will reach Jungkook. A tear fell from my eyes as sadness fell over me. I miss him so much. I honestly want to hug him but I stop myself because I know it will be inappropriate. I closed my eyes and cried silently. Just then, I felt something warm enveloped me. "Noona," He whispered and right there and then. I cried harder. "God, I missed you so much!" He muttered under his breath. 

My heart ached with his proclamation. If only he know how much I missed him too. I slowly raised my arms to hug him back. I inhaled his familiar scent as I buried my face in his chest. "I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah! I am sorry if I have caused you nothing but inconvenience. I'm sorry if I left you when things get hard. I am sorry. I am really sorry." I apologized in between sobs. I felt him hug me tighter. For a few moments he didn't say anything and let me cry my heart out. 

After calming down, I pulled away from him and wiped away the tears on my face. "I'm sorry" I apologized again as I stepped away from him. "Stop saying that you are sorry, please! If you are sorry then stop acting like you hate me and never leave me again." My brain suddenly stopped working. What did he just say?

JUNGKOOK's P.O.V.

I was supposed to leave but when I realized the amount of effort I did just to see her again, I changed my mind. I will not leave, not until I get the answers all I've been looking for. I turned around to walk back to her but hen I noticed that she was silently crying my heart immediately broke and my instinct kicked in. I pulled her in my arms to comfort her. "Noona," I wanted to ask why she was crying but I don't want to pry. The feeling of her in my arms gives me nostalgia. "God, I missed you so much!" I muttered as I breathed in her scent.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah! I am sorry if I have caused you nothing but inconvenience. I'm sorry if I left you when things get hard. I am sorry. I am really sorry." I heard Mae Noona muttered in between her sobs. I felt something clenched my chest as the memories of everything I've been through came flooding in. I closed my eyes and felt the tears pool in my eyes as I hugged her tighter. We remained in the same position for quite some time. 

I took a deep breathe to calm my heart and when I felt like she has already calmed down I let her move away from me. "I'm sorry" She said those words while her head is hang low. My brows furrowed and somehow her apology irked me. 

"Stop saying that you are sorry, please! If you are sorry then stop acting like you hate me and never leave me again." I stated. She looked at me as if she didn't understand what I just said. I know that I should be mad at her but how could I when I can see her being miserable right in front of me. I hate seeing her cry. No matter how hard I try to move on, I can't deny the fact that I am still in love with this woman who is standing right in front of me. 

"I... I don't understand... why are you saying that?" She asked with knotted forehead. "Don't you see? We don't belong together." She replied as if stating the obvious. My brows furrowed deeper. "Who told you?" I asked. She then looked at me as if I just grew another head on my shoulder before she scoffed. "Your fans, the media, the whole world?" She enumerated with spite. I looked at her and felt the anger and pain rising inside of me. "Why do you believe in them?" I asked my voice slowly rising. "Why wouldn't I be, Jungkook-ah? Can't you see? They hurt you and I never wanted that to happen. I won't let that happen again." She said the last sentence in a whisper.