Gryffindor Vs Ravenclaw

Riana's POV

Harry's patronus lessons have gone well. He got his Firebolt back jinx free. Madame Hooch watched all of Gryffindors practices. Harry and Ron had started to talk to us girls again. But then apparently Crookshanks killed Scabbers and now Ron is angry at Hermione again.

It's now time for Gryffindors match against Ravenclaw. I sit with Hermione and Ginny. While Ron sat with his other dorm mates. Both teams walk onto the pitch and the captains shake hands.

"Mount your brooms ... on my whistle ... three -- two -- one --" Madame Hooch blows her whistle. Harry kicked off into the air and the Firebolt zoomed higher and faster than any other broom. He soared around the stadium and began squinting around for the Snitch. The game begins as Lee Jordan commentates.

"They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championship" Lee explains.

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" Professor McGonagall demands.

"Right you are, Professor -- just giving a bit of background information -- the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and..." Jordan says.

"Jordan!" McGonagall snaps and I giggle.

"Okay, okay, Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell of Gryffindor, heading for goal" Lee commentates. I watch as Harry streaked past Katie in the opposite direction. I notice the Ravenclaw seeker Cho Chang is tailing him closely.

"Show her your acceleration, Harry!" Fred yells at him. Harry urged the Firebolt forward as they rounded the Ravenclaw goal posts and Cho fell behind. Just as Katie succeeded in scoring the first goal of the match. We gryffindors roar our approval as we cheer loudly.

Suddenly the crowd goes silent as Harry dives towards the ground and Cho follows him. Harry was speeding up, excitement clear on his face.Then a Bludger, hit by one of the Ravenclaw Beaters, came pelting out of nowhere. Harry veered off course, avoiding it by an inch, and in those few, crucial seconds, the Snitch had vanished.

The match continues on. Harry being far to much of a gentleman to Cho. Oliver even told him to knock her off of her broom if he had too.

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn -- Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision" Lee states.

"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!" McGonagall tells him firmly. Ravenclaw was pulling back; they had now scored three goals, which put Gryffindor only fifty points ahead.

Harry accelerates again and so does Cho. "Oh!" she screams and I look to see three Dementors  looking up at Harry. I frown in confusion as there has been no drop in temperature. And they couldn't be boggarts.

"Expecto patronum!" Harry yells. Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wand. Heading straight for the three dementors. But Harry ignores it as he catches the snitch. Winning the match for Gryffindor.

I go for a closer look at the dementors and see it's four slytherins in black capes. That explains a lot. I glare at Malfoy again cursing my luck of him being my one. Before storming off the pitch as McGonagall goes to lecture them.

(Time skip)

There's a party going on in the common room, celebrating our win against Ravenclaw. Hermione and I are in a corner reading our muggle studies book. "Did you both even come to the match?" Harry asks as he joins us.

"Of course we did" I state.

"And we're very glad we won, and I think you did really well. But we need to read this by Monday" Hermione tells him.

"Come on Riana, Hermione, come and have some food" he tells us.

"We can't, Harry" I tell him sheepishly. "We still got four hundred and twenty-two pages to read" I state.

"Anyway, he doesn't want me to join in" Hermione adds nodding towards Ron.

"If Scabbers hadn't just been eaten, he could have had some of those Fudge Flies. He used to really like them" Ron says loudly. Hermione burst into tears. Before Harry or I could say or do anything. She tucked the enormous book under her arm and ran toward the staircase to the girls' dormitories and out of sight.

"Honestly Ron, get over it! It was a stupid rat!" I snap and storm off. I go to our dorm room and find Hermione sobbing on her bed. "He's an idiot Hermione, I don't know why you let him affect you so much. He's the only one that has ever made you cry this much" I states. "First time in our first year where you spent all day in a bathroom crying and were nearly killed by a troll. Then last year you always got railed up whenever he talked bad about that fraud Lockhart. Now this" I say. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you loved him" I say with a chuckle.

"Don't be ridiculous, I could never have romantic feelings for that idiot" she grumbles as she dries her tears.

"Fate works in mysterious ways Hermione" I tell her. "Now come on, we still have over four hundred pages to read" I remind her. She picks up the book and I sit beside her. We continue our reading ignoring the party downstairs.

A/N

Picture above of Cho Chang and on the external link of Gyffindor Vs Ravenclaw.