Padfoot's Return

Riana's POV

So it's Friday and we were at our final class of the day. Pansy Parkinson had given Hermione a magazine.  She said "You might find something to interest you in there, Granger".  Hermione hastily rifled through the magazine under the desk. At last, in the center pages, Hermione found what they were looking for. Harry, Ron and I leaned closer to read over her shoulder.

A color photograph of Harry headed a short piece entitled: Harry Potter's Secret Heartache

A boy like no other, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl. "

However, it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest.

"She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth-year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it. "

Love Potions are, of course, banned at Hogwarts, and no doubt Albus Dumbledore will want to investigate these claims. In the meantime, Harry Potters well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart on a worthier candidate. Perhaps his other female friend Riana will be his next girlfriend.

I roll my eyes at that. "I told you" Ron hisses at Hermione. "I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of- of scarlet woman" he states.

Hermione stopped looking astonished and snorted with laughter. While I giggle. "Scarlet woman?" we ask him.

"It's what my mum calls them" he mutters turning red.

"If that's the best Rita can do, she's losing her touch" Hermione states.

"Agreed" I say putting the magazine on top of school bag. We looked over at the Slytherins, who were all watching her and Harry closely across the room to see if they had been upset by the article. Hermione gave them a sarcastic smile and a wave. Before we get ready for class.

"There's something funny, though" Hermione mutters ten minutes later. "How could Rita Skeeter have known. . ." she trails off looking at me.

"I didn't tell her, I've told no one" I assure her.

"What are you two talking about?" Ron asks us.

"It's just. . . how did she know Viktor asked me to visit him over the summer?" Hermione muses. "I only told Riana, who had been invited by Adrian and Maria" she states.

"What?" he asks.

"He asked me right after he'd pulled me out of the lake" Hermione states.

"Maybe she snuck onto the grounds to watch the second task" I offer.

"Maybe she had an invisibility cloak" she says.

"Wouldn't surprise me" I tell her.

"Fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is. Miss Granger" Snape says from behind us. "I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor" he states.

"It was my fault Professor Snape, I had seen something and wanted to ask her about it" I tell him. Just then he notices the magazine on top of my school bag.

"Ah. . . reading magazines under the table as well?" he says. "Another ten points from Gryffindor" he states. He reads th article to the class to the amusement of the Slytherins. "Well, I think I had better separate the four of you. So you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Adleril-Von go join Malfoy. Potter - that table in front of my desk. Move. Now" he tells us and we all move aside from Ron. Class continued.

(Time skip)

It's time to visit Hogsmeade. I was invited to hang out with Adrian and Maria. But Sirius was back and invited us four to meet up. So I declined Adrian and Maria. Then went to Hogsmeade with the other three. We met Sirius by the shack, him as Padfoot. He leads us to the woods after sniffing Harry's bag.

He leads us to a cave. Where Hermione and I greeted Buckbeak happily. Before Sirius transformed. He enjoyed the food we brought him along with the water. Before talked about the tournament and Barty Crouch's absences. Apparently Mr Crouch has a son h sent to Azkaban, who died there. He's wife also died that same year. Poor guy.

Sirius asked Ron to ask Percy about Crouch as he was Crouch's assistant. We stayed until half past three. He told Harry to keep him updated with notes and to go nowhere alone. He walked us back to the village as Padfoot. Before we went our separate ways.

A/N

Picture above of the article and picture on the external link of the cave scene.