Yule Ball

Riana's POV

"I think we're done" I tell Hermione proudly as I finish with her hair.

"Sorry it took so long" she tells me sheepishly as she steps into her heels.

"Don't be silly, it'll be worth it to see everyones reaction" I tell her smugly.

"Who do you think they'll be more surprised about? My date or yours?" she asks me as she puts her jewellery on.

"Don't know, I think it'll be pretty even" I tell her as I look at the clock. "We had better head down, don't want to keep our dates waiting" I tell her. She nods her head in agreement and we left our room. We head to the great hall.

(Great hall) Third Persons POV

"What if she decided not to come?" Draco asks Maria and Adrian as he paces nervously. It's ten to eight and Riana is five minutes late.

"She wouldn't not come" Maria assures him.

"She probably lost track of time getting ready, you know how girls are" Adrian adds. Maria gives him a pointed look. "I meant no offense love" he tells her.

"They look beautiful" Paravati says catching their attention. They look at her then at what she's looking at. Draco gasps at the sight before him. Riana blood red two part dress with silver lace on the bodice. Her hair in an elegant bun, natural make up and diamond jewels. With silver heels.

Beside her stood Hermione Granger. But she didn't look like Hermione Granger at all. She had done something with her hair; it was no longer bushy but sleek and shiny, and twisted up into an elegant knot at the back of her head. She was wearing robes made of a floaty, periwinkle-blue material, and she was holding herself differently. Somehow - or maybe it was merely the absence of the twenty or so books she usually had slung over her back. She was also smiling.

"Go get her tiger" Maria tells Draco pushing him forward. As Viktor collected Hermione. Draco took a deep breath and approached Riana.

"Is that Hermione Granger with Viktor Krum?" Padma asks Ron as Draco passed them.

"No. Absolutely not" Ron denies and Draco smirks. He ascends the stairs towards Riana, who smiles when she spots him.

Riana's POV

"Sorry I'm late, you look dashing" I tell Draco with a smile.

"Thank you, I take it you helped Granger" he says.

"Only with her hair, everything else was all her" I tell him.

"Well you look beautiful" he tells me.

"Thank you" I say smiling as he offers me his arm. I link mine through it and he leads me over to the other two. While Viktor and Hermione went over to the other champions & their dates. "Maria you look lovely" I tell her.

"So do you" she tells me and we kiss each other on the cheek.

"You'd make Carmilla Sanguina jealous" Adrian tells me.

"I know right" I say giggling.

"Who?" Draco ask confused.

"A lady vampire who did over two centuries ago. She was infamous" I tell him.

"Oh, I don't know a lot about vampires" he admits.

"Well you should research them, they are quiet fascinating" Maria tells him. He nods his head. We then all go into the great hall and the champions start to ball off with a dance.

"May I have this dance?" Draco asks me.

"Of course you may" I tell him smiling. He leads me onto the dance floor. Maria and Adrian following us. Soon other couples walk onto the dance floor and we're all waltzing around each other in perfect sync.